Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Re: A fair price for this web design?

So to come up with a design for a website and to implement it and to make the text look good... is 150$?

So that's what, 6 hours of work?

I really don't know where you guys get these crazy crazy low prices. If you want a piece of [censored] template website, yes it'll cost you less than a thousand. If you have a real company and a real product you're selling online, please invest some money into it.

If it's a strictly info website, ask yourself if you actually need it to begin with. As for the website given. Nobody is going to argue that it is a typical ugly "done as fast as possible" website. Would I ever put my name on a website that looks like that? No.

So there you go...
Old 08-13-2007, 12:05 PM

I have no idea on what this stuff costs... but it looks pretty cool
Old 08-13-2007, 12:36 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

Can we get a list of websites, where I can buy templates, or hire coders? I see it referenced, but no links. Would love to hear what you guys reccomend, thanks.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:42 PM

matt -

there's a TON out there. just search for website templates.

good sites will allow you to either pay like $20 for use of the template or a bigger fee ($200?) for exclusive use, meaning they won't sell that template to anyone else.

http://www.templatemonster.com/

was the first one i thought of but there are literally thousands
Old 08-13-2007, 12:52 PM

I charge clients $2K for a site like this and get it all the time.

Its not just the initial site development the customers are paying for, its parterning with a web company that can help you grow your business/achieve your goals using the Internet and a communication device.

We will build the site with search engine optimazation in mind, custom create all graphics, secure the domain name, host the site for 12 months, provide e-mail boxes, do a DNS switch is appropriate, provide unlimited bandwidth and storage for graphics files, custom create contact forms, and do small updates for free, work with the client to create monthly newsletters, do e-mail blasts, and more.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe pm me unless others are somehow interested?

[/ QUOTE ]
I am interested.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:25 PM

You should probably just learn how to use Wordpress and then you can buy a template or use one of the very nice free ones and edit it yourself. It's easy, yo.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

We will build the site with search engine optimazation in mind, custom create all graphics, secure the domain name, host the site for 12 months, provide e-mail boxes, do a DNS switch is appropriate, provide unlimited bandwidth and storage for graphics files, custom create contact forms, and do small updates for free, work with the client to create monthly newsletters, do e-mail blasts, and more.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sales pitch is just embarrassing, really
Old 08-13-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This sales pitch is just embarrassing, really

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA.....that was going to be my exact comment. Its nothing more than a sales pitch, and people who are dumb enough to fall for it are way overpaying (trust me, i have to sell crap like this sometimes too, but I hate it so much I have to make a ton to justify me wasting my time). You can do it for much much much cheaper than 2k. that is sick. just hire someone from rentacoders.com, pay them to copy the layout/look/etcsite, and do the rest yourself, or hire a tech friend to take care of the go between and co-ordination, adn keeping things on track, you can get it all done for under 500$ imo.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:48 PM

re erlang:

i'm trying to build an internet commerce platform targetted at the woefully underserved canadian market (our only real options aside from the banks themselves are paypal and third party processors who may be operating illegally). payment processing is obviously our main focus, but we also have a component based hosting infrastructure, a distributed object cache/db service and content management systems. sort of amazonlite. we're using erlang as the platform because we get scalability and redundancy virtually for free.

if anyone is interested, i could use a couple of developers knowledgeable in erlang (mostly in working with binaries and otp) and javascript/rhino or ruby or .net. we need libraries for those languages written for our api. pm me your resumes and a couple short paragraphs on your work with erlang.