Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Harrah will allow .net logos/admits \"no 3\'rd party registration\" holes

http://www.rgtonline.com/Article.cfm...yName=Featured

summary: same ol', same ol'. Stars and FT will have to alter their jacket designs. They'll also have to give you a $10K Rio chip instead of buying you in. But with a chip in somebody's hand, they're far less likely to cash it out than gamble with it.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Harrah will allow .net logos/admits \"no 3\'rd party registration\" h

Aye, they announced the third party stuff every year actually. And the no logos thing was originally announced back in October and just recently resurfaced.

The whole "real" reasoning behind it is Sands, Harrahs, and MGM are working behind the scenes to be able to start their own online gambling companies and be able to keep all the revenues for themselves instead of sending players elsewhere.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Harrah will allow .net logos/admits \"no 3\'rd party registration\" h

[ QUOTE ]
Sands, Harrahs, and MGM are working behind the scenes to be able to start their own online gambling companies

[/ QUOTE ]

has this ever been confirmed or is it just speculation?
Old 03-01-2007, 01:34 AM

ad,

If I'm reading this right, I can play online satellites for WSOP and then show up in Vegas with $10k to gamble on BJ and craps, right?
Old 03-01-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ad,

If I'm reading this right, I can play online satellites for WSOP and then show up in Vegas with $10k to gamble on BJ and craps, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Quote of the night!
Old 03-01-2007, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it. If I read it correctly this chip can only be used to pay for a WSOP entry (most probably for the main-event only)! This will leave the online-rooms the option to hand the chip to the player while he is in Vegas and be sure that he really plays the event (or sells the chip of course, well...)

But the clothing rules leave me somewhat confused. Does this mean I can't wear some of my regular clothes (like Nike, Addidas or whatever ... like my TampaBay Buccaneers hat) as long as the logos are too big?

And more: The rules prohibit .com clothing for poker-rooms making business with US customers. But if I read it correctly .net is still allowed (even for FullTilt and Stars). And whats about that stuff from Stars and FullTilt that just has the Logo and/or the name and neither .com/.net on it?

In general I think these rules are o.k. considering the legal situation but there are lot's of open questions left.

Shadow
Old 03-01-2007, 08:20 AM

Boycott the World Series of Poker:

Most everyone who plays poker is extremely upset about the legislation that was passed last year.

The man responsible for sneaking the legislation through the senate was Bill Frist who received over $50,000 of political contributions from Harrah's Entertainment Group (the same company who hosts the WSOP).

If every poker player who enjoys online poker boycotted the World Series of Poker events, that would certainly make a statement and have their voices heard.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:26 AM

...and would kill a highlight for every poker player in the world.

Love Harrah's or hate them. But it's still the WSOP!

Shadow
Old 03-01-2007, 10:24 AM

Thanks for the link. I found it interesting that because certain sites don't conduct business with US citizens, they could have logos with .com, if I'm reading the official rules correctly. So PartyPoker.com is OK, but Pokerstars.com isn't.

Now we know why PartyPoker pulled out of the US!

Kindling
Old 03-01-2007, 02:17 PM

i just want to say i'm outraged and i hope all the winning players decide to boycott the wsop this year [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]