Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2007, 05:09 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

[ QUOTE ]
Dazarth thank you for the post on the other 2 beta's that are out there or will be out in the next 2 weeks (HoldemManager). As others have stated in this thread competition is what makes a better product in the end. Only time will tell which one/ones are used in the end. I look forward to responses from userse here in the futre as this product is being built for the users not to replace PT but to be able to satisfy what users want to see in this day and age.

www.poker-bud.com

As RVG has said and I will say the same I will no longer post in your thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify, when I said to check out the threads above, I did not mean steal features from those two programs. Rather, both threads are full of feature suggestions from other posters which I think all of the PT/HM/PB developers could learn from and see the desires of their customer base.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:49 AM

W00t this is great news! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

Here's what I would like to see:

- Dev toolkit - I'd love to be able to create my own stats from my pokertracker DB (using SQL / whatever) and display those in my HUD. A lot of us PokerTracker nuts know enough about databases and programming to be able to do these. I'll even be willing to pay extra for the ability to modify / add things to my PokerTracker / HUD

- Preflop rangefinder
I'd REALLY love to see which hands my opponent has previously limped / called / opened / 3bet from his current position on the table.

E.g. in a ring game, every time after a hand finished the HUD should know that the the player in the SB is now the BTN and then it should retrieve all the known starting hands for that player in that position and show how he played them. Maybe he opens with AJo for a pot-sized bet. Maybe he cold-calls with 66. Whatever. Those are the kinds of things that MANY players like to take notes on, but really it should be automated. With enough observed hands you'll be able to effectively narrow the range of your opponents and give you a massive advantage pre-flop.

- Stats that change depending on the street you're on. I.e. pre-flop you'll see all your pre-flop stats. On the flop you'll see your post-flop stats. I don't know how hard it would be to work out where in the hand you are (I guess it would depend on the site) since you currently get all input from the hand history written to disk after completion of the hand. But it would definitely be a nice thing to have.

I'm sure I'll think of moar stuff so I'll be posting here again!
Old 07-08-2007, 05:51 AM

make it possible to import many more hands at once instead of just the 30k -50k that's the limit now?
Old 07-08-2007, 05:57 AM

Oh and if could please use Sql Server 2005 Express - it's free, extremely powerful, fast and easy to work with.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:05 AM

Please everyone, let's not turn this thread into a pissing match between developers. Anyone who cares about these types of products will figure out on their own which product suits them best.

PokerAce, as to your question specifically. Speed is the obvious need but that's a given. The next issue that comes up frequently for me takes a little more explaining. Right now it's easy to find hands as long as we know what we're holding preflop (or if we know the hand number but that's almost never.) What I want to be able to do is filter out hands based on postflop action. For instance, if I want to see only the hands where the board was paired and I had a four flush on the turn I want to be able to do this.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:09 AM

As for the HUD, check out the free HUD that was released for Full Tilt a couple of weeks ago on this forum. 3/4 betting, and for me even more importantly all the stats broken down in positional based ones. For me the guy nailed how a general HUD summary of a player should be.

What is an expected ETA on this new generation PT/PAHUD, are we talking weeks, months, next year?
Old 07-08-2007, 08:12 AM

Natural language queries for filtering hands, eg "all hands I was in the BB called a steal from the button when SB folded, CR'd the flop and lost the hand"
Old 07-08-2007, 08:58 AM

A generic import which,if necessary, adds date and an incrementing time based on date of creation of file.

I am thinking specifically of cakepoker and DGN skins but there must be other small and unsupported sites that offer good value from time to time

Good luck with this.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:07 AM

PTH and PTO combined PLEASE!! Would be so cool. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
See Dazarath's post 2nd down here
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0&fpart=22
Old 07-08-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PTH and PTO combined PLEASE!! Would be so cool. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please listen to this man. As a matter of fact, id like to see all types of poker hands supported in one program, and then use filter to get only hold'em hands as one do with limits and sites.

I recon you want to be able to sell the diffrent types (hold'em, omaha, stud) of PT separatly. Im thinking that can be solved by "unlocking" omaha and stud as one purchases the serial.