Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2006, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Best friend\'s friend is a vocal racist

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I'm hanging out with my best friend from childhood and his friend and we're all adults and this guy just non-stops spews racial slurs and vitriol and talks about killing ____ and ____. I'm not a racist so I felt I only had 2 options: stay quiet and stay away from this unsavory character as much as I can or make it known that I can't stand him. I've only been around this racist several times, I think he's going to college with my friend. What's my line here? I don't wanna have to force my friend to associate with either him or me and my friend usually doesn't behave this way and he just kinda lets the racist's stuff go without saying anything but on the other hand I can't stand for their association to continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you sure he is just not joking? i make alot, and i mean ALOT, of jokes about rasism/nazism. that doesnt mean im a rasist tho. its just so funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

99% of the people who say this exact thing are racist. Its pretty sad. Im not a PC nut, and they arent KKK worthy, but it def shows how little class they have.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this says more about yourself than it does about them/us
Old 06-14-2006, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I'm hanging out with my best friend from childhood and his friend and we're all adults and this guy just non-stops spews racial slurs and vitriol and talks about killing ____ and ____. I'm not a racist so I felt I only had 2 options: stay quiet and stay away from this unsavory character as much as I can or make it known that I can't stand him. I've only been around this racist several times, I think he's going to college with my friend. What's my line here? I don't wanna have to force my friend to associate with either him or me and my friend usually doesn't behave this way and he just kinda lets the racist's stuff go without saying anything but on the other hand I can't stand for their association to continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you sure he is just not joking? i make alot, and i mean ALOT, of jokes about rasism/nazism. that doesnt mean im a rasist tho. its just so funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

99% of the people who say this exact thing are racist. Its pretty sad. Im not a PC nut, and they arent KKK worthy, but it def shows how little class they have.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, ya, sure it does, you can make awesome grade school jokes about people of other races, but you are being satirical, and going against the PC freaks, so you are funny. Well, you arent. And I wager that you wouldnt say anything of the sort around anyone of a different race.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:28 PM

"i have alot of black friends!"

i give up
Old 06-14-2006, 10:31 PM

http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com/
Old 06-14-2006, 10:35 PM

I'm not racist, I have a black dog and a color TV.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:36 PM

Location: I\'m going to have a really long and curious location so that people will have to click on my name to see how it concludes. To anyone reading this- OWNED!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, ya, sure it does, you can make awesome grade school jokes about people of other races, but you are being satirical, and going against the PC freaks, so you are funny. Well, you arent. And I wager that you wouldnt say anything of the sort around anyone of a different race.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I say the things I say with white people around my black friends too. You're right that if you can't say it to them then it is racist. For the record I don't go so far as saying the N word or anything (around white's or blacks). And I've also heard some really racist jokes that I thought were stupid and steeped in more prejudice than humor.

OP- There are two kinds of evil (I get a little fuzzy with this quote), those who practice it, and those who do nothing to stop it.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:44 PM

Next time he starts it up, tell him you're 1/4 black.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Next time he starts it up, tell him you're 1/4 black.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-14-2006, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 06-14-2006, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

That was an awesome site, laughed my ass off.

To the OP: Tell the guy you don't approve of racism and woudl like him to tone it down, if he doesn't then just leave.

To the guy who said that racist satire humour is indicative of racism, go suck a railway spike. If you can't laugh about it then it really has become a problem. The ability to make jokes about race and relegion actually eases the tension. Also, I bet you wouldn't say the same [censored] to Chris Rock after he makes a joke about crackers or old black people being the most racist people in he world. Is it ok for a white person to diss whities but not blacks? [censored] that, I say it's all ok, as long as it's not hateful or targeted to hurt in any way.