Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: grrr...am I getting pushed around by this villain..?

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet him on the flop and look to get it in on the turn if you like money

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this guy bad enough to felt an underpair. If not, raising at any point here is bad. Op said villain was aggro and we have an ace with a good draw, just call down.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:36 PM

Against a 38/11/3.7 who re-raises you on a flop like this, you are shoving all-in with this type of draw. The reason is that you have fold equity, meaning you don't necessarily want him to call, but if he does you have a lot of outs. Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but I think we have 15 clean outs on the flop and 18 clean outs on the turn (unless villain has a set, then it's 17 outs...the 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] won't help us). I didn't count the 2 remaining Aces as outs just incase villain has a better Ace than you.

AC

EDIT: ZOMG...I just saw you folded the turn. Very weak. You should have shoved all-in. You have a flush draw + OESD. Bet flop 3/4 size of pot. If called, shove turn.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Against a 38/11/3.7 who re-raises you on a flop like this, you are shoving all-in with this type of draw. The reason is that you have fold equity, meaning you don't necessarily want him to call, but if he does you have a lot of outs. Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but I think we have 15 clean outs on the flop and 18 clean outs on the turn (unless villain has a set, then it's 17 outs

[/ QUOTE ]

FE against what and outs against what?

Old 10-18-2007, 03:03 PM

gonna file this under "zomg wtf was I thinking"...lol
Old 10-18-2007, 03:39 PM

Fold equity against villain holding a pair less than Aces (like 22-77) or connecting cards like 56. Certainly villain could have a set since he limped in. What else could he possible have that's way ahead of us? Maybe he was trying to rep an Ace but I doubt it since he's aggressive and didn't raise PF. I'm assuming a draw here. Even if villain has an Ace and we don't think he'll fold, I still condone shoving because we're 55/45 ahead on the flop. I think it's more likely you'll see something like 56 (suited or unsuited) here...which we are way ahead of. That's what I think we have fold equity over.

You have a helluva lot more posts than I do, so I'll hand this off to you for your opinion.

AC
Old 10-18-2007, 03:39 PM

Definitely raise somewhere... flop, turn. You have a great hand.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold equity against villain holding a pair less than Aces (like 22-77) or connecting cards like 56.

[/ QUOTE ]

But we beat all those hands. We don't want fe against hands we crush. If villain is aggro we can just let him continue to bluff while also drawing at our flush/straight.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:52 PM

I don't like calling down here at all and think its terrible. I also don't like check/raise turn or whatever. Your fold equity has to go up significantly on the turn to make that a better play than getting it in on the flop. You also pot stick him a bit if you take the check/raise turn line.

It's not about keeping hands in you beat. You don't beat enough hands with Top pair second lowest kicker. The flop has to be pushed for equity reasons. Also if you check/call this turn it may be difficult to get paid on a spade river. Especially with the As missing.

With him pushing you around it just makes it double true that you have to push the flop. I think he's folding on the turn/river less often due to that fact.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold equity against villain holding a pair less than Aces (like 22-77) or connecting cards like 56.

[/ QUOTE ]

But we beat all those hands. We don't want fe against hands we crush. If villain is aggro we can just let him continue to bluff while also drawing at our flush/straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every AX (except A2) is "ahead" on this flop. He probably folds A6-AJ. I put ahead in quotes, because if he does hold one of these hands, we are ahead with our many, many draws, and 2 streets to hit them. If however we wait to see the turn before putting the money in, our equity is cut in half.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like calling down here at all and think its terrible. I also don't like check/raise turn or whatever. Your fold equity has to go up significantly on the turn to make that a better play than getting it in on the flop. You also pot stick him a bit if you take the check/raise turn line.

It's not about keeping hands in you beat. You don't beat enough hands with Top pair second lowest kicker. The flop has to be pushed for equity reasons. Also if you check/call this turn it may be difficult to get paid on a spade river. Especially with the As missing.

With him pushing you around it just makes it double true that you have to push the flop. I think he's folding on the turn/river less often due to that fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way raising trying to get it in on this flop is even close to OK is bc we also have a straight draw so we are actually a slight favorite over better aces. Otherwise raising the flop is only going to prevent you from getting more money from underpairs and bluffs. You have zero fe against any hand that beats you and we already have showdown value, why are you wanting to bluff? Take away our straight draw on the flop and just give hero the ace with a flush draw and raising becomes terrible.