Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Fashions you love/hate

[ QUOTE ]
Tell me the honest truth. What do you guys think of these with jeans? Good look or just awful?

[/ QUOTE ]
Depends on the jeans I think. Since the shoes look like jeans fabric it might match really bad with some jeans. It'll be too much jeans. I think it works better with something like a summer dress instead. (which is btw the best looking thing a girl can wear during summer IMO)
Old 06-16-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of sandals work on men, if not the ones you showed, and if not flip flops, because I don't like wearing them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's not like I'm all that good with fashion or anything. But here's my best shot,

I sort of like this look,

and nothing wrong with this kind of sandal imo,

and I like these a lot

these are a little clunky but i wouldn't snort at them or anything. they look comfortable to me,

Haha! you gotta love a sandal named “Peanut Grizzly” !

Old 06-16-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Don't know what the problem is here? If its hot out then why not wear them. My feet get majorly sweaty if I have to wear proper shoes and socks on a hot day.

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem is that it looks really terrible from a fashion standpoint (and the topic of the thread is fashion). If you value the extra comfort more than looking good, that's fine, you should wear them. I don't have a problem with it. Just know that most people are going to think you dress terribly, which you might not care about, which if true is also fine.

Also, not wearing flip-flops doesn't mean you have to sweat. there's plenty of good looking shoes that are comfortable and can be worn without socks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I spoke to a few people and they all disagree about them looking terrible. Several hot, fashionable girls included. I really don't see where you're coming from on this one.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tell me the honest truth. What do you guys think of these with jeans? Good look or just awful?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, but high heels and jeans seem to be at cross purposes. I know not everyone thinks that; lots of people think jeans should be elevated into something fancy and designer-ish. But still, they seem to me like what they are -- casual work pants, not fancy high-heely things. YMMV
Old 06-16-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This kind of sandal sort of makes me smile. I think they are adorable on little boys but when I see a man wearing something like this I want to laugh. Not a mean laugh. Just kind of a chuckle.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has got so much leather on it that it might as well be a shoe. A shoe would probably be more comfortable because at least you'd have a sock to soak up the sweat. Leather directly on sweat is no fun. Perverts excepted.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Don't know what the problem is here? If its hot out then why not wear them. My feet get majorly sweaty if I have to wear proper shoes and socks on a hot day.

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem is that it looks really terrible from a fashion standpoint (and the topic of the thread is fashion). If you value the extra comfort more than looking good, that's fine, you should wear them. I don't have a problem with it. Just know that most people are going to think you dress terribly, which you might not care about, which if true is also fine.

Also, not wearing flip-flops doesn't mean you have to sweat. there's plenty of good looking shoes that are comfortable and can be worn without socks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I spoke to a few people and they all disagree about them looking terrible. Several hot, fashionable girls included. I really don't see where you're coming from on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the stand point of someone who likes to focus on classically fashionable as opposed to seasonably fashionable, "hot, fashionable" girls often look completely ridiculous. Seriously

I also hate flip flops on guys, and especially with jeans. And especially if you have ugly, pasty-white feet, like most of the guys who wear flip flops with jeans do.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:02 PM

Jeans and flip flops are a very natural combination.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:24 PM

Everyone ragging on flipflops - post a pic of a pair of casual shoes you wear and think look good.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:48 PM

I like flip flops, but there is a place for them. Probably not best suited for the workplace on most cases.

Would the pics that Katy posted be considered flip flops? The leathery ones or are you guys just strictly talking about the much flimsier plastic/rubber ones?

I like Birkenstock myself, for me especially. But not the ugly biblical looking types, I like fancy Birks.
(No socks ever! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

I was checking out feet in the grocery store today and what Katy posted in pretty much what you see in the way of sandals on men's feet around here.

Katy, I am not a huge fan of heels with jeans, unless you are talking about boots.
I do think that part of being able to pull off heels (whatever you are wearing) is the ability to walk in the with some grace. (I know this has been discussed in the past)
Old 06-16-2007, 06:59 PM

I'm starting to think I agree with you guys about the high heel sandals. They would look prettier with a dress.