Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Summer fashion thread

I noticed a few posts about watches in here and I'm in need of some suggestions. I'm looking for a watch ($200-$300 range) that goes good with business attire. If I’m going to be spending this much money for a watch is it wise to just save up for a more expensive one, or are there a lot of nice watches in this range? I was checking out some of the Nixon watches and definitely liked some of them, but I wanted to see if there was anything else out there.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Incredible for the price:

[/ QUOTE ]

I go back and forth on whether or not I like these watches. Some day's I think they look too busy, other times I love the look. What's the price range?

[/ QUOTE ]

and where can i buy them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I normally don't like skeleton watches, but I'm making an exception for this one since it is beautiful and hand crafted. I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find a price. My guess would be 5-6 figures.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey I just wanted to throw out there for anyone looking for t-shirts that both Threadless.com and Turntablelab.com are having memorial day sales. Threadless is cheap as can be right now and theyre rolling out a lot of sweet designs that are selling out quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like some of those t-shirts on threadless.. I think they're very reasonably priced and pretty unique.. not a lot of focus has been on t-shirts in this thread.. are the designs too nerdy?

I really hate summer fashion, I never know what to buy and practically nothing short-sleeved looks good when you have skinny arms.. winter is so much easier with a nice jacket being like almost all I really need in a lot of situations.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:13 PM

looking for a nice hoodie, zip up. something a little more classy than the usual ones...

for an example click me

as you can see, the linked hoodie has details such as the fabric woven into the hood. a more upscale hoodie, one that doesn't look like you're headed to the gym. any ideas?
Old 06-15-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really hate summer fashion, I never know what to buy and practically nothing short-sleeved looks good when you have skinny arms..

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm too skinny and one thing I've found that looks good is long sleeve button downs with the sleeves rolled up. they're good for almost any occasion, work with shorts or jeans, sneakers, dress shoes, flip flops.

if you roll the sleeves to JUSt above your elbows, it hides how small your upper arms are and actually accentuates your forearms, making them look a little bigger.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I go back and forth on whether or not I like these watches. Some day's I think they look too busy, other times I love the look. What's the price range?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I normally don't like skeleton watches, but I'm making an exception for this one since it is beautiful and hand crafted. I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find a price. My guess would be 5-6 figures.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a Vacheron Constantin and the price for it is $2,000,000.
So unless you're Brian and played Sammy recently, you probably can't afford it.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] More like $30-50k. Still not small potatoes, but a far cry from $2m.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] More like $30-50k. Still not small potatoes, but a far cry from $2m.

[/ QUOTE ]
You could be right. I was thinking about the one below that costs $2m+ from the same brand.

Was for sale here: http://www.gemnation.com/base?proces...;watch_id=1177

Also, their most expensive watch is valued at about $11m.

Where did you get the 30k-50k number from? (not saying you're wrong, just curious)
Old 06-16-2007, 01:24 PM

my opinion about fashion is that the only men's clothing that actually looks good is a suit (dress pants/shirt). everything else looks like crap and you are going to look like crap wearing it. i really enjoyed the few times i got to wear a suit. it felt awesome.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:14 PM

I'm looking for some new jeans. I'm very tall and very skinny. So, long legs and small waist. Any recommendations?