Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Fashions you love/hate

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The first one is very unflattering. The second somewhat less so, but I'm still not a fan of this style in general. I call them maternity shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] CRAP.

What about this one? Hate it too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like this would only work on a very young girl. They just look hyper-casual, like something you would wear while doing the laundry or household chores. Just shapeless and if they could be said to have a character, it would be "indifferent to making my owner look good or like she even wants to try."
Old 06-15-2007, 10:41 PM

Blarg,

I'm going to ignore your "frumpy housedress" comment and continue on, pretending I'm not wounded.

These are $229.99

Old 06-16-2007, 12:36 AM

I could dig those on a girl. I wouldn't think they're hot enough to be worth over $200 if I didn't know it from your post, but they're pretty cool.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:08 AM

i hate it when girls wear the giant sunglasses that cover most of their face.

[ QUOTE ]
I walk around Yale for a little exercise after lunch every day. One thing that bugs me is how many of these kids wear flip-flops everywhere. There are even some students temping in my building who wear them to work! WTF?!?!

When did these things become appropriate everyday footwear? Look, if I can see your toenails, you better be at the beach, or a chick in open toed shoes...

Leave the flip flops at home...

Edit: Interestingly, there's a current OOT thread on this subject... linky

[/ QUOTE ]

don't hate on us yalies.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The first one is very unflattering. The second somewhat less so, but I'm still not a fan of this style in general. I call them maternity shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] CRAP.

What about this one? Hate it too?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like all the outfits. But I think they're colored wrong. The first one would look much better with white instead of gray, and the third one would look much better with a summerish yellow or something.

[ QUOTE ]
I walk around Yale for a little exercise after lunch every day. One thing that bugs me is how many of these kids wear flip-flops everywhere. There are even some students temping in my building who wear them to work! WTF?!?!

When did these things become appropriate everyday footwear? Look, if I can see your toenails, you better be at the beach, or a chick in open toed shoes...

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree 100%. People wearing flip flops anywhere but on the beach should be shot :/
Old 06-16-2007, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know what the problem is here? If its hot out then why not wear them. My feet get majorly sweaty if I have to wear proper shoes and socks on a hot day. I'd say its more your problem for being squeamish at the sight of other peoples toenails.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:06 AM

This kind of sandal sort of makes me smile. I think they are adorable on little boys but when I see a man wearing something like this I want to laugh. Not a mean laugh. Just kind of a chuckle.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:14 AM

Tell me the honest truth. What do you guys think of these with jeans? Good look or just awful?

Old 06-16-2007, 11:26 AM

I think the shoes could work well w/ jeans. The blue toe piece helps. It depends on the top she's wearing some, too, though. If she's in kind of an everyday top, then she'd look weird wearing heels. If she's dressed a little nicer on top w/ a nice pair of jeans, then the shoes work.

Katy,

I've got a question for you. What kind of sandals work on men, if not the ones you showed, and if not flip flops, because I don't like wearing them?
Old 06-16-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Don't know what the problem is here? If its hot out then why not wear them. My feet get majorly sweaty if I have to wear proper shoes and socks on a hot day.

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem is that it looks really terrible from a fashion standpoint (and the topic of the thread is fashion). If you value the extra comfort more than looking good, that's fine, you should wear them. I don't have a problem with it. Just know that most people are going to think you dress terribly, which you might not care about, which if true is also fine.

Also, not wearing flip-flops doesn't mean you have to sweat. there's plenty of good looking shoes that are comfortable and can be worn without socks.