Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 05:39 PM

Default NL50 Confused by Trips

Nothing out of the ordinary about the button, not really enough hands to make a proper read. Not really sure about the flop, I c-bet a lot (maybe too much) and so he could easily be testing me as I've raised preflop from the cut off.

Not really sure what to do so here is my thought process.

Obviously I'm not folding but not sure whether to raise or call. Although the chances of him having an Ace are slim if he does then I'm certainly beat 88 as well is a danger. The problem is if I raise all in then its obvious I have an ace and am only getting called by what beat me.

So I think here I should call and then check raise/call the turn. Because if I call here and push the turn I pretty much tell him my hand and I'm not to worried about giving him another card as at best he's drawing to 2 outs. This way I can induce a turn bluff and get him to put it in. Obv if he has me beat then thats unlucky as I was always gonna put this all in.

Is that process correct?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($51)
UTG ($50)
MP ($62.70)
Hero ($54.50)
Button ($85.30)
SB ($81.90)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($4.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $9.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?????