Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 11:02 AM

Default Re: An offer of coaching/mentoring

I have been playing online poker for a while now and have been losing. I read these forums everyday and try improve my play by myself. Its not just the fact that I want to be helped but the fact that I need to be helped. I started with $50 recently on stars and I am up to $150 now. If you could help me by giving me coaching that would be greatly appreciated if not I'll just learn the game the longer way.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:13 AM

If I can just add one more thing, I hope you choose a long time poster, someone who has contributed to the community but has not been able to progress as a player like they would have hoped [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Thanks
Old 11-17-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I can just add one more thing, I hope you choose a long time poster, someone who has contributed to the community but has not been able to progress as a player like they would have hoped [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

This was important to me.

I made a decision, I had to make it much earlier than i hoped because I won't be around for the next couple of days. I apologise to anyone who was planning to post but hasn't yet [but to be fair it is 3am Sunday here].

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who wrote about themselves, I read every reply probably 5+ times, as did many of my friends, I found it really interesting and pretty inspiring. It was hard to choose, but eventually i narrowed it down to 6 who were long term contributors to the forum, whose post i enjoyed and who i felt could really get something out of a bit of coaching. From this, I couldn't make a decision so i picked names out of a hat - Milky was the first name out, so i'd like to offer him the coaching. I've sent my contact details by PM. Mods feel free to lock.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:38 PM

Ok this is lacking some serious bling.

Once you have chosen some guy I think the only right thing to do is post in BBV or somewere and create a challange and see if some other random MSNL player can outcoach you :P

Btw, I think it would be awesome if you could somehow keep track of what you did with your apprentice, maybe record some videos etc so that people can see what a coaching experience is like and to multiply the learning effect.

Maybe you could concider offering some extra free hours if the apprentice is willing to pass on what he learned and gurantee to do the same once he reaches a certain level
Old 11-18-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was important to me.

I made a decision, I had to make it much earlier than i hoped because I won't be around for the next couple of days. I apologise to anyone who was planning to post but hasn't yet [but to be fair it is 3am Sunday here].

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who wrote about themselves, I read every reply probably 5+ times, as did many of my friends, I found it really interesting and pretty inspiring. It was hard to choose, but eventually i narrowed it down to 6 who were long term contributors to the forum, whose post i enjoyed and who i felt could really get something out of a bit of coaching. From this, I couldn't make a decision so i picked names out of a hat - Milky was the first name out, so i'd like to offer him the coaching. I've sent my contact details by PM. Mods feel free to lock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Final 6 please? Curiosity killed the cat and all. Whatever.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:15 AM

there were only 6 people who had decent sized post counts, so I guess you were in that 6 (:

Gl milky I'm glad this went to someone who contributes alot to the forum.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Gl milky I'm glad this went to someone who contributes alot to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-18-2007, 10:51 AM
 is offline

Good Luck Milky
Closed Thread