Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars\' crack security team at work!

[ QUOTE ]
so what are you complaining about?

what's the big deal?

you are 1 cent richer now.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) OP was complaining, fairly obviously, about being unable to play at high stakes because of a one cent transaction.

2) That is a fairly significant opportunity cost

3) You should read the whole thread before replying
Old 07-08-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The account was suspended for about a day.

While that might seem trivial, it was a day longer than I should have been suspended.

In fact, there was a really good 100-200 game that I wanted to be part of (a rare occurrence nowadays), and I was unable to play it. While far from a tragedy, it was annoying and shouldn't have happened.

Also, why didn't Stars even try to call me? Wouldn't a simple phone call be preferable than automatically suspending the account of a longtime player?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you tell them upfront that you're a bracelet winner? I can't believe they would treat you that way had they known that you were a bracelet winner.

On the other hand, maybe they didn't want to risk calling and disturbing you during the WSOP, potentially disrupting your quest for more bracelets. If so, that's a pretty caring attitude, don't you think? Perhaps the best course of action would have been a message via courier.

Also, can you please post a picture of your bracelet so that we can all see it? Please know that we all feel very honored to have you here in our forum.

Thank you for coming here to share with your fans, and best of luck this year at the WSOP.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
someone do a summary of this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

The original poster had his PokerStars account suspended for a day while they analyzed a mysterious unauthorized $0.01 transfer to his account from a player who apparently was a stranger.

Despite his being a well-known and very successful high stakes cash player (and WSOP bracelet winner), he was nevertheless forced to undergo a grueling day-long security audit, just as if he were nothing more than some ordinary low-stakes player of no particular industry-wide importance whatsoever.

The victim emerged 100% blameless, and he is now free to continue to use his account. But a full day of potential earnings at PokerStars was irretrievably lost due to this unfortunate incident.

And now, where does he go to recover his good name? And who can place a value on that most precious of commodities - a single healthy and productive day of one's life on this earth?
Old 07-08-2007, 11:01 PM

I find this hard to believe coming from pokerstars. I have had some experience with my account getting locked by few different sites, and unlike Full Tilt or some others, Pokerstars doesn't actually block the account most of the time, they just block your transfer and cashout options, you can still play.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:29 PM

thx for your insight, were taking the posters word for this as we believe he has no reason to attack pokerstars cedibility. I feel for the poster as i dont think his account should have been lockd over 1c, however good for the 1 day response from PS unlike FT taking 2-4 weeks.

ship it. everyone wins... more or less in my book.

oh yea great summary, i give it a 98/100, you forgot to talk about how everyone mockd him for stating he had a bracelet.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

oh yea great summary, i give it a 98/100, you forgot to talk about how everyone mockd him for stating he had a bracelet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the kind words. My fault on any inadvertent omissions (such as his being mocked by some of the folks here).

Also, consider that this all happened at the advent of the WSOP - which must be one of the most stressful times of year for a pro. The extra burden must have seemed unbearable.

I'm glad it all turned out OK.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:31 AM

Obv pic of Druff's bracelet. He let me wear it once. Be jealous.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:01 AM

Josem,

Do you post about anything besides issues related to incompetent site security. This could become an unhealthy preoccupation, which ultimately spirals out of control, descending into a full-fledged obsessive compulsive disorder.

JeffreyREBT
Old 07-09-2007, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Josem,

Do you post about anything besides issues related to incompetent site security. This could become an unhealthy preoccupation, which ultimately spirals out of control, descending into a full-fledged obsessive compulsive disorder.

JeffreyREBT

[/ QUOTE ]

no, since there is so much content in that.

also, because i'm a nit, i don't think i post about site security (since I have no idea of the security methods and techniques) but rather, about site customer service as it relates to delivering a fair process to users.

to borrow from john lennon, all i am saying, is to give fairness a chance
Old 07-09-2007, 04:08 PM

Default A trained monkey will act the same way to every similar situation,

"A trained monkey will act the same way to every similar situation, regardless of the exact details.'

.... So does the automated software that allows a site to process millions of hands of poker and financial transactions every day. So does software that flags security issues.

Get a clue Dan and stop whining. The very "trained monkey-ness" of poker site software is what allows for the volume of business you have been making tohusands of dollars from for years.

Stop whining about the fact they did not realize "Who You Are" and accept a consequence of the software-driven volume you enjoy.