Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 04:38 AM

Default Best deposit method for Stars/major sites

Greetings,

Like many of you, I love playing poker both online and offline. Unfortunately, since January of 2006 I haven't felt comfortable enough to re-deposit. My gut instinct told me online poker would be crushed, given the unfortunate confluence of events. To my dismay, my prognostication was right and the anti-gambling spear-chuckers maimed this mammoth-sized demon and clocked a win against sin.

That being said, I can't think of any good reason why I shouldn't at least play micro-stakes for a little harmless fun. After all, I doubt they'll send me to San Quentin for bluffing 'JustaJackoff' out of 59 cents on .1/.2 NL. So, after a year and half of complete inactivity I went to the Pokerstars Cashier Page.

On the left of the page there is a relatively large selection of payment options. There's only one problem, there's almost nothing left for Americans. And the available options have serious drawbacks. Most credit cards simply don't work, Epassporte involves a long waiting period, and WU entails huge fees that Pstars doesn't reimburse (is this method even legal?). Every other option (and all the convenient ones) is now defunct from what I can tell-at least at Pokerstars.

Does anybody have information on viable alternatives? What's the fastest and most reliable payment system for Americans? Heck, I'm willing to try a different site and even play with dimes or quarters! Of course, the site must be at least have a modest reputation and be of decent size (e.g. Ultimate, Absolute, Full Tilt, Poker Stars, etc.)

Any ideas? Perhaps the opportunity cost is just too prohibitive (for me, at least) in the post-UIGEA world.

Thank you,

Jeffrey aka 'OneEye'
Old 04-30-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Best deposit method for Stars/major sites

Just got finished with a Moneygram deposit to Stars, and it went through pretty easily. Spent more time waiting in line at WalMart Customer Service than it took for the money to show up in the account. It was a flat $9.50 fee, so the more you deposit (up to $2500, I think), the less % fee you're paying. This seemed easier and quicker than experimenting with giftcards, which was my other way to get cash online. WU did seem pretty pricey when I looked into it, so I didn't pursue that one. ymmv
Old 05-01-2007, 01:01 AM

I agree with money gram. Just deposited with it. Lost money in Neteller like many of you, so I am scared to put it in those other companies.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:21 PM

Hi!! In response to your question, I was told by a friend that has an account with Stars that they are offering a new deposit method. Is something like a virtual Visa card that is issued by the global bank of commerce or something like that...it is called Paytru Visa/Debit card. The advantage of this is that Stars is offering to get the card and send it to your address, for free for US players, when it actually has a cost of $50 bucks, and also you can fund it by using any Visa or Mastercard.. and also it seems that the fees are less is a 4%+$0.50 on any deposit you make with them.. (Paytru card)... it sounded so interesting to me that I am planning to get one.... and it works like a Visa.. for cashouts you can use the card at any ATM... I will find out a little more about... and afterwards if it works fine, I will get it...
Old 05-02-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi!! In response to your question, I was told by a friend that has an account with Stars that they are offering a new deposit method. Is something like a virtual Visa card that is issued by the global bank of commerce or something like that...it is called Paytru Visa/Debit card. The advantage of this is that Stars is offering to get the card and send it to your address, for free for US players, when it actually has a cost of $50 bucks, and also you can fund it by using any Visa or Mastercard.. and also it seems that the fees are less is a 4%+$0.50 on any deposit you make with them.. (Paytru card)... it sounded so interesting to me that I am planning to get one.... and it works like a Visa.. for cashouts you can use the card at any ATM... I will find out a little more about... and afterwards if it works fine, I will get it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could just check out the existing "official" thread in this forum:

Official Paytru Thread

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2007, 01:15 AM

Undoubtedly, Moneygram.