Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 04:07 PM

Default How did you guys do while I was away?

Sup min bet pros.
I was a full time FL pro last year for 6 months
In the beginning of this year I was bored and made a possibly stupid decision to move to NL
Now I feel that the game without any 150BB badbeat is more suitable for my mindset.
Back then I sustained 2BB/100 for the whole time (Roughly 150K+ hands) from $5/$10 to $30/$60
Is the game still able to beat for that sort of winrate?
I know it sounds too general, but 2BB/100 wasn't a very impressive stats according to the FL graph posters in this forum & BBV
Therefore I am just wondering if the public standard has been changed post law?
I checked the lobby of poker sites and realized that there are less high stake ($15/$30+) tables running
However, 2PTBB/100 @ $10/$20 for 4 tabling offers quite good hourly rate for most of players already ($150+ per hour)
How is the environment for FL regulars right now?
Any thoughts/chats will be highly appreciated
By the way, I don't think min bet is boring anymore after I 12 tabling NL$200 Full Ring for 1 entire month [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: How did you guys do while I was away?

meh, I play party and the action is sweet, 3BB/100 should be easy attainable if you can manage the bad beats, them 2 outers in 15bb pots hurt, it's why my main game is unlimited holdem atm, it doesn't make me tilt as much, which = profitt

I also play ipoker, but there's far less action and the action is not nearly as good
Old 09-03-2007, 05:09 PM

What level do you play at?
I am considering to move to another country for PartyPoker
3PTBB/100 @ $10/$20+ sounds like a dream result according to the comments from other 2+2 regulars
Old 09-03-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
meh, I play party and the action is sweet, 3BB/100 should be easy attainable if you can manage the bad beats, them 2 outers in 15bb pots hurt, it's why my main game is unlimited holdem atm, it doesn't make me tilt as much, which = profitt

I also play ipoker, but there's far less action and the action is not nearly as good

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you post your stats over a significant sample that shows that 3BB/100 is easily attainable at the limits OP is talking about?
Old 09-03-2007, 05:40 PM

no I can't, I don't have a significant sample size bc I only recently returned to online play, I had been playing live poker

played only 5/10 6max on party, so I wouldn't be able to say how the 10/20 plays, but on the 5/10 the players are horrible, some have vpip's of 70-80, some have pfr's of 5-10 and everybody calls down everything

don't have statistics to prove it, but if you table select I'm positive 3BB/100 is EZ, which is what I'm currently running at and I've played BADD due to tilt
Old 09-03-2007, 05:53 PM

Basically you're just guessing then. Please stop making claims about what an easily attainable WR is if you really have no idea. I know how the players are there, but unless you have a huge sample you can't possibly know what an attainable WR is, how would you go about making such an estimate? For all we know you could have just been running hot.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:05 PM

Seriously, lol at 3bb/100 at 10/20.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, lol at 3bb/100 at 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah lol...
Unless your 1 tabling at a super fishy table and focusing all your attention towards it or something.. I dont think ive ever heard of any pros recently obtaining that winrate over a sample size > 100k.

Typical good games on stars are like 2-3 super agro regulars almost as good as you (or as good/better), 1 slighty too tight TAG (24/17/2.1), 1 semi fish who could probabily beat 2/4 and 1 big fish.

From what I hear the games have gotten significantly tougher at 10/20 than 1 year ago.
Ive heard a lot of pros "coming back" after not playing for 1.5-2 years , getting their ass handed to them and posting "wow what happened to the games?"

BTW PTBB is a NL term.. Its "BB" here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2007, 07:58 PM

ZOMG, are u guys for real? it's not possible to beat 10/20 for 3bb/100?

why would you not move to no limit if the games are THAT tough?

I'm gonna try for myself, but if you guys turn out to be right, I think I may have to stop playing limit

@heisenberg: I wouldn't know how the stars games are, but I've heard too many bad things about them to not wanna try for myself

just to be clear, what do you guys think IS a solid win rate for the 10/20 games on party?
Old 09-03-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ZOMG, are u guys for real? it's not possible to beat 10/20 for 3bb/100?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was never exactly easy, but you're welcome to try.