Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 02:27 AM

Default 50NL:stupid bluff?

my stats is 19/16/2.6 AttSt 30%
Villains is 26/14/2 only 46 hands

iPoker No-Limit Texas Hold'em (NL50), $0.50 BB (6 handed) SilverKitty Hand History converter by www.pokeronline.com.ua

CO ($146.12)
Button ($100.15)
Hero($60)
BB($50)
MP2 ($98.2)
MP3 ($9.13)

Hero: Post SB $0.25
BB: Post BB $0.50

Preflop:
Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>
<font color="#CC2222">Hero Raise $1.75</font>
BB Call $1.5

Flop:($4) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]<font color="#0030DD">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC2222">Hero Bet $3</font>
<font color="#CC2222">BB Raise $10.25</font>
Hero Call $7.25
<font color="blue">What is best(or standart?) line in this situation. My plan was bet/fold not flush turn. </font>
Turn:($24.5) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]<font color="#0030DD">(2 players)</font>
Hero Check
BB Check

River:($24.5) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]<font color="#0030DD">(2 players)</font>
Hero Check
<font color="#CC2222">BB Bet $15.25</font>
<font color="#CC2222">Hero Allin $47.75</font>
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]Heh , my though at that moment was that there is some hands that can't call all-in, but know when i see this hand i think that if i has solved to bluff, bet pot much better thant CR ai?! Isn't it?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:35 AM

Default Re: 50NL:stupid bluff?

I'm a nit, I hate it in practice, but in theory almost nothing can call you, however its likely he has the Ad and you're spewing.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:39 AM

I think I 3-bet the flop, too many cards that hurt you on the turn, maybe even shove, your hand is almost always good here. Turn looks OK. River is spew without some sort of sick read, if I was going to bluff I'd rather lead this river because it probably looks just as scary to him and he it's way cheaper.

You'd also probably want to ask yourself what he's betting on this river. It looks like straight value to me. Most people would at least have the 2nd NF flush here.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:46 AM

I have to agree. No offense but I think this hand was pretty much played bad on all streets. Raise flop at least, if you get it in there at least you are winning and look good compared to shoving an awful river.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I 3-bet the flop, too many cards that hurt you on the turn, maybe even shove, your hand is almost always good here

[/ QUOTE ]
But what is better-&gt;3bet/call push on flop(where only good draws or some hands better than my call us) or try to get not flush turn where villain may made more rough mistake if he push FD or try to bluff us.

[ QUOTE ]
You'd also probably want to ask yourself what he's betting on this river. It looks like straight value to me. Most people would at least have the 2nd NF flush here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that his bet often will be bluff.If he had hand like AdQx he would be inclined to bet turn, so most of time he would have 2p without flush or set of fives. But anyway than more i look on this hand, i more convinced that lead river much better CR.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:15 AM

"I think that his bet often will be bluff".

Then why are you raising???? I see no better hand folding to the river CR and no worse calling..

3 bet the flop and try to get AI on flop...If flop 3 bet is called open lead AI on non diamond turn..On diamond turn card check and re-eval..
Old 11-16-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I think that his bet often will be bluff".

Then why are you raising???? I see no better hand folding to the river CR and no worse calling..

[/ QUOTE ]
When i said "I think that his bet often will be bluff" this not mean that it would be clear air, most of times it would be made hand turned into bluff(set,AQ e.t.c) that can't call reraise ai.