Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2007, 09:10 PM

Default WWE Royal Rumble Predictions

30-Man Royal Rumble Match
WWE Champion John Cena vs. Umaga (Last Man Standing Match)
World Heavyweight Champion Batista vs. Mr. Kennedy
ECW World Champion Lashley vs. Test
Hardys vs. MNM

With only a few months away, the official build to Wrestlemania begins here. Despite this card looking like the weakest in Royal Rumble history, somehow the Rumble always pulls though. Royal Rumble has got to be my favourite WWE PPVs ranking even up there with Wrestlemania.

Usually by this time we would have a picture of who's going to win it. Right now it's a toss up. The original plan that was talked about was that Triple H was going to win the Rumble and to work a program with John Cena at Wrestlemania. Obviously plans have changed as HHH will be out for a few months.

I predict that Shawn Michaels will win the Royal Rumble in place of HHH. As much as I hate to see a wrestler go down, I would've hated to see HHH vs Cena at mania. I'm sorry but HHH is not a star, to me he's boring as hell. Michaels and Cena would make a better match and I don't think they've faced each other yet.

I would also like to see Edge win it as I think he's deserving. I think he's great. I'm kind of interested who's Edge's opponent at mania going to be if he doesn't win it at Rumble.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Re: WWE Royal Rumble Predictions

(IMO, I am 99% sure Umaga goes over and wins the belt here). I don't see Edge winning it unless he turned face, which I don't see happening anytime soon. Michaels is possible but he's already lost to Umaga on various occasions. I'd go with Undertaker, Orton, or maybe Carlito.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:45 AM

Orton ftw
Old 01-22-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(IMO, I am 99% sure Umaga goes over and wins the belt here). I don't see Edge winning it unless he turned face, which I don't see happening anytime soon. Michaels is possible but he's already lost to Umaga on various occasions. I'd go with Undertaker, Orton, or maybe Carlito.

[/ QUOTE ]
But Taker has never lost at a Wrestlemania, and I can't see Umaga or Cena snapping that streak. And if he were to win at Mania, Smackdown would lose one of its top faces, and I don't think Smackdown can afford that, as their cards seems to me to be dominated by heels already.

Michaels seems pretty likely. I'd like to see Michaels vs Edge headline Mania for the title, but that doesn't look at all the way it will go.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:00 AM

Yeah you couldnt have Michaels vs Cena in WM for the title. Face vs Face = teh ghey. Now if it were Michaels vs Umaga or Edge that would be ok but I dont care for Umaga Main Eventing WM. I'd like to see Orton vs Cena or Orton vs Michaels somehow.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:04 AM

If Undertaker won wouldn't he just face the Smackdown champ?

It's pretty up in the air for once, which is nice. Not so nice is that I kinda expect Orton to win.

Undertaker makes good sense to me. He's had a good year, he's popular as ever, and deserves one last title run.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:49 AM

Location: 6max PLO @ Tilt, 6max NLHE @ Party (non monster!!!)

[ QUOTE ]
If Undertaker won wouldn't he just face the Smackdown champ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.

I think Michaels is going to win and I'm basing this on nothing at all. I'd like to see Edge win it but that won't happen as WWE probably feels Edge vs. Cena is played out and Edge isn't going to face Umaga. I just don't want to see something ghey like an ECW guy winning this.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:31 PM

From everything I've heard Undertaker is fighting Batista at WM, so given HHH's injury it would make the most sense for him to win it. (Plus he's never won it and he's a huge star so it would be kinda cool)

As far as Raw goes, Cena is not losing to Umaga. No way. He's WWE's new poster boy, he will definately headline WM in some way whether we like it not. I'd prefer Michaels/Cena even if they're both faces. Edge has fought Cena too many times and Orton is just not ready to fight Cena. Plus it looks like they're buidling up to a Edge/Orton WM match. (Personally I hope I'm wrong because this would be a horrible idea since both suck as faces, but the seeds have already been planted)
Old 01-22-2007, 05:37 PM

Undertaker wins it, and puts the undefeated WM streak on the line vs. Batista.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:37 PM

Also, does anybody else watch this with friends and draw names out of a hat for RR gambling? Much fun.