Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 08:46 PM

Default PLO 5/10 ... 2pr + Nut Flush Draw facing re-raise and call.

Button 1200.
Myself in sb 1100.
Big Blind 700.

This game was 6 handed, but not sure of other stacks. Big Blind seemed bit of a donk, and button passive previous to this hand. I haven't been involved in many hands on this table.

Button raise to 35, I call with Ac,Jc,Jx,8x. BB calls.

Flop Qc,8c,6x, I check (who leads?). Others check.
Turn Ad, I lead for 60, sb raises to 240, button calls.

What do you do here? Weak lead turn probably my biggest mistake (out of many) in the hand.

Any advice would be grateful.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: PLO 5/10 ... 2pr + Nut Flush Draw facing re-raise and call.

He has told you his hand, You've represented the aces and found yourself now in a situation where you have nothing but a flush draw with 1 card to come.
I think the turn bet was absolutely right, as you very well can be ahead here, but you have to lay it down to your own raise (I assume it was a typo when you said the sb raised your bet on the turn since I thought you were the small blind).
Old 07-14-2007, 09:43 PM

I play as is. Call the raise and see the river.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:53 PM

pot is 405 and its 180 to call to win 585 which means you need 31% equity. You have 8 outs to the nuts from 44 cards which is 18% draw.
Either calling or folding is fine here, but you are out of position and it's more likely if you call you end up putting more money into the pot behind than ahead on the river.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and it's more likely if you call you end up putting more money into the pot behind than ahead on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

this isn't true if his plan for the river is to not put any more money in unless he hits one of his outs to the nuts.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and it's more likely if you call you end up putting more money into the pot behind than ahead on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

this isn't true if his plan for the river is to not put any more money in unless he hits one of his outs to the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're going to fold the river to a milking $50 bet? How about a milking $100 bet? What about if you hit a jack? Or an ace? Or the board pairs also putting the flush up?
Can you honestly say in all those situations you will make the correct decision?
Old 07-14-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but you have to lay it down to your own raise (I assume it was a typo when you said the sb raised your bet on the turn since I thought you were the small blind).

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys need to get OP to clarify the action before going on more about what his play should be. It seems like he meant the bb raised and not himself obviously, but he also said the button called the turn raise. It matters a lot whether the action is going to be 3 handed or HU, and not just because of pot odds.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're going to fold the river to a milking $50 bet? How about a milking $100 bet? What about if you hit a jack? Or an ace? Or the board pairs also putting the flush up?
Can you honestly say in all those situations you will make the correct decision?

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, yeah. duh. implied odds.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:04 PM

Yeh BB raised, not SB, my typo. I think if Im going with the line of calling a raise on turn, then I shouldn't lead out. Which is what I figured I should do in hindsight.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeh BB raised, not SB, my typo. I think if Im going with the line of calling a raise on turn, then I shouldn't lead out. Which is what I figured I should do in hindsight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, you might be ahead here, but you don't want this pot getting expensive on the river as you do not have a big enough hand to call big bets with.
Checking induces a bluff which you certain beat. Plus it allows you to bluff the river since you have JJ which means if a straight scare card hits you can represent that since it's unlikely anyone else will have the straight.