Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 09:13 PM

Default Re: 5/10 PLO, C-bet in position?

[ QUOTE ]
If you check the flop and fire a blank turn (if there IS a blank turn possible...), what are you representing? Do people believe you checked AA there? Or even top two pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking more if one of the draws hits, and no one bets. If you having something like QJTx or high flush draw you could check there to get the nuts.

And if someone has a flush or straight (and you checked behind on the flop), they no longer have the expectation that you will bet out on the flop, plus they will more likely want to "protect" their hand.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:14 AM

One thing that I think is big here that I didn't see mentioned is your blockers. The kings and the nines block both the high and low wraps and make it much less likely that someone's going to be drawing against you despite the coordinated board.

Do you perchance have the king of hearts? If you do, I'd definitely bet this against tight opponents since you'd have blockers on all the key draws, you'd have reason to be given credit for a set, and your opponents are going to realize that you're betting into a coordinated board. If you want to bluff 5-10% of the time on this kind of board overall as part of your complete strategy, there's nothing wrong with doing it 100% in that exact circumstance.

Without the king of hearts, I'd bluff less often at this board, but you still want to do it occasionally. Again, this board is much less coordinated than it looks with all your straight blockers, and if you're never bluffing coordinated boards in multiway pots, by observant opponents.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:43 AM

Like I said, I have absolutely no hearts. Nor did I have a backdoor draw. I would definitely lean towards betting with the Kh. In fact I'm leaning towards betting anyway, as a friend mentioned to me, c-betting here let's you stack people more later. Let them decide to push here, you'll just fold and move on and stack them next time.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree that nearly 100% of the time is too much here, but since you disagree what percentage of the time would you c-bet? Nearly 0%? Somewhere in the middle?

[/ QUOTE ]

My Omaha is based on making money from overaggressive players. Against 3 players I C-bet 0 % with complete air. That could be small leak in my game. In heads up and 3-way pots I am more aggressive. In heads up pots I C-bet 25 % of the time with air.

If I have at least something ie. Kh, pair, gut shot I bet often(85 % of the time). So when I bet villains know I have at least something. But it is not problem in multi-way Omaha.

But I have pretty unconventional (and successful) play style, so how I play is not important.

I suppose you play standard Omaha, where you try to build preferably heads up or 3-way pots when you have position and take them down when villains to do not understand Omaha hand values and are bit scared money. I think that you as pre-flop raiser can bet sometimes(25-35 %?) when you have air without giving too much equity. But betting with air on multi-way pots is not really necessary if you play tricky enough. In heads up pots you have to play more aggressively.