Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2006, 03:43 AM

Default Thoughts on high-end shoe salespeople RANT

I generally keep a list of crap I need, but often don't go shopping for 12-18 months. Then, when I do, bam-bam-bam buy-buy-buy. I'm the perfect customer. I go in wanting X,Y,Z you get it for me, I buy it, 20 minutes in-out. I've been doing some shopping over the past few days. One specific trip left me with some thoughts.

OK, this is edited from a chat, so please ignore formatting:

i think maybe this might be just for shoes but it's like these high end salespeople for shoes...

it's like they are almost lecturing you about shoe trees and how often to wear your shoes and all this [censored] and i'm like

WTF MOFO?
I AM [censored] BUYING A COUPLE OF PAIRS OF $300 SHOES AND YOU ARE A [censored] SHOE SALESMAN I DONT NEED TO HEAR A GODDAMN LECTURE ABOUT HOW I SHOULD BE TREATING MY SHOES

i mean generally here is what happens w/ me:
i get shoes
they are new and sweet
i treat them well get them shined often and take care of them etc then after a while they become a little old and i treat them less well cuz i am no longer in love w/ their brand-newness and i'm kinda into getting new [censored] anyway

so then i go to shoe store and shoe guy is like
oh, with this pair, if you want them to last longer, look better, you should take better care of them, like looking down on my shoe care regimen and i'm like <in my head>:

wtf
[censored] you man, i obv have bought $300 shoes before since I HAVE SOME ON MY FEET so obv i have heard this [censored] about how i should treat the shoes OBVIOUSLY I DONT GIVE A [censored] SO HOW ABOUT YOU STFU

and they are always polite but they have that little liek condescending - oh, you shoud really use some cedar shoe trees

WTF I HAVE 8 PAIRS OF CEDAR SHOE TREES
IN THE BACK OF MY CLOSET
FUCKWAD
AND A THING OF SHOE CONDITIONER TOO

today the shoe chick tells me
oh btw, from time to time you should sand the cedar shoe trees to get them to be more effective

WTF BITCH
LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING
SOMEDAY YOU CAN AFFORD $300 SHOES
AND WHEN YOU CAN
YOU DONT HAVE [censored] TIME OR INCLINATION
TO SAND SHOE TREES
Old 08-23-2006, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Thoughts on high-end shoe salespeople RANT

i think someone needs a nap.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:49 AM

hahah cant believe i just wasted all that time reading about how you dont like people telling you how to treat your shoes.. kinda funny though
Old 08-23-2006, 03:52 AM

You obviously should immediately go into a posedown with the shoeman. Get right in his face with a most-muscular.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:53 AM

Not sure what I make of this rant/brag post. But, you seem pretty bent out of shape over it.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:54 AM

doublea,

If you look beyond the surface into the deeper meaning of this rant, it is really all about how ridiculous it is that certain types of salespeople actually look down on and sometimes even obviously consider themselves superior to their customers. Facets of this exist in various high-end/luxury sales situations.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:56 AM

o rly
Old 08-23-2006, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
doublea,

If you look beyond the surface into the deeper meaning of this rant, it is really all about how ridiculous it is that certain types of salespeople actually look down on and sometimes even obviously consider themselves superior to their customers. Facets of this exist in various high-end/luxury sales situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think you would find this, in varying degrees, with any aspect of retail/fashion. I mean, the suit guys always seem kinda condescending.

But if you ever say to one of them, "Oh, I don't know, why don't you help me pick out something good?" They'll be your best friend.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:01 AM

funky,

This is not usually an issue w/ me because I usually just go in knowing what I want, ask them to get it, try it on, and buy it.

Occassionally some crap about shoe care lecture rubs me the wrong way, but mostly this is based on me seeing how condescending and smug a lot of these salespeople can be, especially to people who don't have the right "look" to them.

I get similarly annoyed when waitstaff at high-end restaurants act this way towards people to whom this is obviously a big extravagance and quite likely a special occassion.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:01 AM

Diablo,

Though you have neither the time nor inclination to sand your shoe trees, if you are buying $300 shoes shouldn't you have the cash money to pay someone to do it for you?