Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Hand from villian\'s perspective (Reshef)

[ QUOTE ]

I bet/3bet the flop. If I have a hand that can bet this turn, it is one that is showing down 100% of the time. There is 0 folding equity here. His hand is either 55, 66 or nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because he fails to take advantage of your exploitable play doesn't mean he's making a bad play. It just means he isn't very observant as he hasn't picked up on your tendencies. Perhaps his game works well against the "average" player on Stars 10/20?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just because he fails to take advantage of your exploitable play doesn't mean he's making a bad play. It just means he isn't very observant as he hasn't picked up on your tendencies. Perhaps his game works well against the "average" player on Stars 10/20?

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding ding. People always seem to get emotional and pissed off in these threads. I've played against reshef on other sites, and if it's the same dude, he's pretty damn good. Spewing occasionally can add a whole lot of stength to a complete strategy.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:03 PM

but i like these threads. also i'm sure the guy would do better _overall_ if he removed the top x% of his spew. like that k2 on aa2t is just classic and has no chance of being worth the investment. that said, yeah, whatever, if you play like 400h/hr and play 1 hand that bad and overplay a draw once every 80-100 hands, it isn't gonna matter much.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but i like these threads. also i'm sure the guy would do better _overall_ if he removed the top x% of his spew. like that k2 on aa2t is just classic and has no chance of being worth the investment. that said, yeah, whatever, if you play like 400h/hr and play 1 hand that bad and overplay a draw once every 80-100 hands, it isn't gonna matter much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to disagree with you. I think it matters a lot. example hand I just played:

35/12 limps utg+1, I raise A7s CO, seemingly good TAG 3bets SB, all call.

Flop 256 1 of my suit: bet, call, call

Turn K giving me fd: bet, call, I raise.

This is not my standard. I pull this maybe 1/20 times. It's not *that* bad (I will lose maybe 1/4 BB on this play), but it adds value to my overall strategy. TAG calls, I proceed to hit my flush and show, and he gets pissed.

He now thinks I am an idiot, and is making consistent really bad plays against me. 3betting my turn c/rs way too light, showing down way too light, all because of one spew.

It's not just TAGs that notice too, bad players will stop bluffing against you, everybody will pay you off... Not spewing frequntly in these games is a pretty big mistake.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:23 PM

Inducing overadjustments F T W.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:34 PM

admiral,

i never said making any slightly losing plays was the way to go. i agree that well-timed ones likely improve your winrate (and also make your life easier if they force people to stop bluffing you). what i am saying is that his multi-bet mega spews are obviously egregious and damaging to his winrate regardless of the adjustments they invoke.

also i'm not even convinced raising the turn isn't the best play in your hand. utg+1 likely has no pair and you may very well get the tag to b/f a pair on that card. this is so far from raise/capping K2 hu on AA2T it's not funny.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding ding. People always seem to get emotional and pissed off in these threads. I've played against reshef on other sites, and if it's the same dude, he's pretty damn good. Spewing occasionally can add a whole lot of stength to a complete strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know if i'd say he's damn good but he's better than you all are giving him credit for. also, his spewy style is comparable in a lot of ways to those of the players beating 50/100+
Old 11-08-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've played against reshef on other sites,

[/ QUOTE ]

do you happen to have mined stats on him on other sites? just curious if his results are consistent outside of stars
Old 11-09-2007, 12:05 AM

I agree that the occassional spew can help out, but I think the one I cited in the OP is an exceptionally bad spot to try this. How is this going to help him? In the actual hand, he forced out more money from the third player and got me to shut down with top set.

I don't really see how this helps his metagame that much. Is he going to cap a set later and have me raising the non diamond turn with AA or something? Great so he will get in 2 extra bets if he flops a set vs. an over pair AND a flush draw board. I suppose it's possible, but I'm not sure that situation comes up enough to make it worthwhile... the situation where he has a flush draw will come up many more times.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:10 AM

a lot of players in your spot would happily cap the turn vs him without thinking much of it.