Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Warhawk and Tekken DR - Online available now

Warhawk has been released through the Playstation Online Store for 40 bucks. You can get it in a B&M store for 60 and it includes a bluetooth headset, but personally I'm gonna keep the 20 dollars and the added convenience that I don't have to get up off the couch to change games. (Yes, I'm so lazy that that is an important issue). I played this for a couple hours last night and so far it seems pretty fun. It's like a Battlefield 2 type of game with a more arcade feel.

Also, the Tekken 5R Online mode is now out, so I'm probably going to be wasting the next few days playing both of these.

I'm DoboHouse if anyone wants to game =P
Old 09-05-2007, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Warhawk and Tekken DR - Online available now

Everyone with a PS3 that KINDA likes fighting games - get Tekken Online.

I [censored] love playing this game. I just finished a nice hour session or so of online matches to round out a night of alcoholism. The latency isn't flawless, local games are obv superior, but it's still plenty good enough to play. All I have to do now is buy a headset so I can talk [censored] to noobs while I'm shitfaced and pound them with my sick Steve Fox moves like WHAM BAM KA-CHAM SERRRRRVED.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:10 PM

So I got Tekken a few months ago before I knew they were working on an online version. Do I have to buy the online version separately now? That seems dumb if I do.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:14 PM

Yeah you have to pay 10 bucks to get the online expansion. It comes with online play, practice mode (soooo glad they added this), and survival mode.

If you think about it though, it's 30 bucks for an arcade perfect version (+ practice mode) of a very sweet game.

When Tekken 6 comes out towards the end of the year, I'm gonna have to pay 60 for it, soooo.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:56 AM

Ooooh I need to have it! Back in the days on the ps1 I was a master in Tekken 1,2,3 and got all the caracters except one in Tekken 3...Still don't know how to get it and who it is!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:07 PM

What online modes does Tekken have?
Old 09-12-2007, 04:19 PM

Um, the mode where you go online and fight one another?

I'm not sure what you mean, so I'm just gonna describe the experience.

First, someone has to make a room. There are different options you can set before one makes a room, such as round time limit, number of rounds to win, blutooth chat enabled, etc.

Then, people have to join said room. Whoever made the room can choose how many people they want the room to hold, varying from 2 to 6 total players. The way the rooms work is that the number 1 and 2 spots in the room battle each other while the rest of the room are in line to play the winner. While the match between the 1 and 2 go on, the people in line get a live feed of the match so they can watch or talk [censored] on their mics.

And that's about it. You go online, join a room, and fight an opponent. A lot of the people who play are srs business. Seriously when I go on a bad losing streak in Tekken I tilt worse than in poker.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:16 PM

Yeah that pretty much answer my question. I was just wondering if it was like just 1 on 1 or has options like Dead or Alive for 360.