Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Live 3/6 vs. 1/5 ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never heard anyone talk about the 1/5 game at Bally's. It's probably a real rockfest...

[/ QUOTE ]

I played it a while back because I used to get comped rooms there and it was a pretty wild game actually. In fact all the games there were I think because it was the only place smokers could play. There seemed to be a rather large crowd of smoking drunks playing all the games at night. I haven't been since they went non-smoking though so who knows what its like now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, i used to also play in the 5-10-15-20 game at ballys as well where the action was great and the play was bad. Bally's poker room in my opinion suffered when holdem became popular. It used to be 90% stud at ballys, when the HE boom it hit the stud their suffered.

Lastly, i may be wrong but I thought the TAJ had a 3/6 stud as well. I know thye have a 3/6 STUD/O8 game.

And as many have said i HATE no ante games. No money starts in the pot, more chips in the pot generates more action, so no chips no action, lots of rocks and usually a need to play tight as without an ante the action is less forced.

I'm not sure what kind of Bankrolls people are working with at 1/5 and 3/6. But if you are willing to play 3/6 and we'll assume you bring $180 for a session, to bring $300 and sit 5/10 instead is not a huge jump in my opinion. I think 5/10 is a much better game for low limit players.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:03 PM

2/10 with no ante and only a 1 dollar bring in ?????

Sheesh

Low card brings in for a buck next player raises to 10 ?????

everyone folds you get your buck.

Betting 10 to win 1 is silly but I can't see myself calling an open 10 dollar raise in that game unless I'm SMASHED with a good hanD...SMASHED.K/
Old 08-15-2007, 08:40 PM

As of last Nov., the $3/6 stud game at Taj wasn't going.

I agree about no ante games, but based on my observations at the Trop (2-4 times per month, not on weekends) there seems to be looser players/decent pots in the 3/6 games compared to the 5/10. They've only been spreading 2 games at a time, and there's usually a list. But, there's been times that the 5/10 game was GREAT. Lately it's been not so great, that's why I've been thinking about trying the 3/6 game or the Bally's 1/5 game. Has Harrah's gotten a 5/10 game going recently ?

I usually buy in w/ $220 for 5/10.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:44 PM

Usually the bring in for $2/10 is $2. Not that it's any difference from $1. Believe it or not, if you have 2-3 looser players in that game it can be really good.