Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 08:00 AM

Default Borgata 6/12 report

I spent a day off from work last week at the Borgata. I usually play stud at the Taj/Trop, but a couple of co-workers wanted to check out the Borg. Got to the poker room at about 11AM.
Room was pretty full for a weekday, 11AM tourney had a nice turnout. My friends sign up for 3/6 and get seated at two different tables. I sign up for 6/12 and there's a list of about six names. So, I end up on a list for 3/6. Ate lunch, came back and got a seat in 3/6 with one of my buddies. Pretty unremarkable game, tight/passive with about three good players.

Long story short, 6/12 game doesn't get off until 6PM.
Lineup- three regulars, two fish, a young guy from a 1/2 NL game, two old rocks, a drunk blue-collar guy, and me.
Game is tight agressive until the drunk blue-collar guy (I'll call him DBCG) gets sucked out on the river by an old rock. He starts berating the other end of the table, goofing on the rocks' Members-Only jacket, and calling an old lady and her daughter "fishies". This is when the game got real loose. DBCG is trying to run over the table with pre-flop raises, and the rocks/daughter are chasing with any semi-decent hand. Four players are pretty much on tilt now. Young NL guy is on my left, he comments about DBCG, "This guy is out of his mind, I was going to play NL, but I'm not going anywhere now." Here's an example, I had 89s in middle position with three limpers ahead of me, two more callers. Six to the flop, flop comes 6 7 10 rainbow. I get called down the whole way by the daughter/regular and the Members-Only rock. I get paid off pretty nice. Couldn't catch any cards the rest of the session (6 hrs.), and ended up with a small profit. But, if this game is typically loose mid-week, I'd like to see it on a weekend.

BTW, it was the only 6/12 game going.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Borgata 6/12 report

nice report, i think you'd definitely find the game is better on the weekend
Old 03-20-2007, 09:09 AM

The Borgata spreads more $10-$20 games than $6-$12 games.

But, if this game is typically loose mid-week, I'd like to see it on a weekend.

Its about the same. The $10 games can get extremely loose on weekends. It all depends.

Ate lunch , came back and got a seat in 3/6 with one of my buddies. Pretty unremarkable game, tight/passive with about three good players.

Did you get a Fatburger or a Philly cheesesteak?
Old 03-20-2007, 09:52 AM

Good report. The texture you describe is typical for 6/12. It can be tight-aggressive at times, but most of the time a full table will be loose-passive.

Much better on weekends, when some of the regulars/rockier players can get spread out among other tables.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:15 AM

Default I HAD THE SALAD MIKE!

Just bluffing. I had the buffet, used my comp points.

I'm fatter than ever today.

Nineinch
Old 03-20-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Also the game typically breaks early as well. I used to play this game quite a bit, but sadly I can't depend on it being there when I visit AC midweek.

Also someone described it as tight aggressive. Many of the regulars qualify as tight, but they're hardly very aggressive.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:54 AM

Default Re: I HAD THE SALAD MIKE!

Nice, you should have invited me.
I ate Fatburger around 10:00.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice, you should have invited me.
I ate Fatburger around 10:00.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I stayed until 10 I would have had the fatburger. I actually had the breakfast buffet when I arrived at the Borgata.

At night I like the Chinese/Malaysian place up the street between Atlantic and Pacific on the street the Howard Johnson's is on. I can bring my own bottle and always get in since most of the biz is delivery. I always order off of the menu with the photographs of the Malaysian food. Its off beat but you can always get one of six tables in the place. You can always get the classic Chinese food there too.

I really like PF Changs in the Quarter, but I can never get in there on a Saturday night.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:36 PM

always better games on the weekdend with tourists
Old 03-21-2007, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Ate lunch , came back and got a seat in 3/6 with one of my buddies. Pretty unremarkable game, tight/passive with about three good players.

Did you get a Fatburger or a Philly cheesesteak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony Luke's - American/"wit". Almost got the Italian w/ provolone & broccoli rabe.