Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Trop\'s new room a no go ?

Heard that the proposed new Trop poker room was shot down by their management recently. Anyone hear anything different ?
Old 08-26-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Trop\'s new room a no go ?

I have not heard any recent updates. I am skeptical that is new poker room is even going to happen. They are laying off employees left and right, but yet they are willing to spend money on relocating and building a new poker room. The current poker room is fine the way it is now. The location is in a secluded location. In my opinion, if they do anything, keep the current location, but remodel/renovate the inside.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:11 PM

I was there this weekend - there is a new room near the current room obviously under construction. I asked a dealer if that was where the new room was going to be and was told it was going to but they changed their mind and it would now be a smoking lounge. If I understand correctly they are going to just close the back (no limit area) as had also been rumored.

The games are really going down the toilet in my opinion. I was there from about 3-12 on Friday evening, and they could never even get a pink chip (7.50/15 limit holdem) game going. The biggest limit holdem game was 4/8, and only one table of that. The next day when I left the hotel at a little after noon on Saturday I checked out the room and they didn't have the pink chip, or even a 4/8 game going!
Old 08-27-2007, 09:53 PM

I asked a dealer the same thing Sat. night and got basically the same response but he didn't mention the smoking lounge. Definitely didn't seem confident it was going to be the new poker room though.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:51 PM

I can't imagine any suit looking at this plan and not seeing dollar signs, unless it was a really, really bad plan.

Shove poker into a corner and strip it of a good chunk of real estate, then fill the space with slots, or probably even better, a handful of table games. Steps from the hotel, from Hooters, from the poker room, wouldn't there be enough drop-in Blackjack to pay off the construction bill right quick?