Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Razz - villain passive on 5th with better board

Reads: Villain has a lot of the money which I usually associate with ok player. He's been playing really tight, barely seen any hands being played the last 40 hands, so I don't know what he is.

Now I think it is important to note that I've been playing very aggressive and splashy on 3rd and 4th on this table. A lot of stealing, and reraising with pretty marginal hands. On 3rd and 4th I have been reraising with the worst hand showing. I've been losing money due to bad luck, but I think my image might be that I don't know wtf I am doing.

Given this, when he checks fifth to me I am afraid that he expects me to bet out because he sees me as an aggressive donkey. Normally I'd just bet out, because c/r is really strange... but... I don't know. What would you do?

After making a bad 7, would you call down 6th and river too?

Razz ($5/$10), Ante $1, Bring-In $1,50 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (4.20 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

5th Street - (4.10 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (4.10 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

River - (6.10 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: (8.10 BB - $81)
Old 11-14-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Razz - villain passive on 5th with better board

This is one of those horrible hands. I'm going to call assuming I'm beat - and probably be right.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:23 AM

I would bet fifth. If the Ace paired him, you don't want him to catch up for free. And if he check-raises, so what? His hand can't be *that* much better than yours.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:47 AM

I am betting 5th. I think the simplest explanation here is best - he is checking either because he paired his A or because he started less than great on 3rd and is afraid that your big draw is ahead... no reason to give him credit for incredibly tricky play unless you have a VERY good reason and I'm not sure that your aggressive image is enough without specific reads on this player...

As played, I'm calling him down with my 7 based on same logic