Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 01:49 PM

Default What is the greatest sporting event you have attended?

Ohio St v. Penn St. 2005

Never experienced an atmosphere like this before. I was 2nd row in the student section during the infamous "White Out". Penn St. went on to win 17-10 and we stormed the field much to the disgust of law enforcement.

*I also attended the infamous Tuck Rule game between the Raiders and Pats which ended up being the the final game at the old Foxboro Stadium. I am not a Pats fan (49ers), but my friend who has season ticks had an extra and i went. Probably the 2nd greatest sports experience of my life. Sat in the endzone and watched as Viniateri's 48 yarder barely sailed throught the uprights to send it to OT.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: What is the greatest sporting event you have attended?

game 3 of the 2003 world series
Old 07-28-2007, 02:02 PM

I was in Atlanta for the Olympics in 1996. I was at a baseball game between the US and Japan and the stadium started rocking like there was an earthquake. About 3 seconds later, you heard screaming and yelling for about 5 mins. No one knew what the hell was going on, until the Jumbotron said that Michael Johnson won his 2nd gold medal (I think the 400m?). The thing that always stood out was the fact that the stadium started rocking BEFORE you heard the cheering.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:38 PM

NY Giants vs Minnesota Vikings NFC Championship Game. Giants 41,Vikings 0.

Though I'm not a Giants fan, all of my friends are so we camped out all night at the ticketmaster and were lucky enough to get tickets(lower level no less). The atmosphere was incredbile. They kept showing the Fassel guarentee that the team was going to the superbowl. It was cold as hell yet everyone seemed like it was just a summer day. Watching Cris Carter and Moss struggle was amazing in itself but the Giants offense was incredible that day.

Kerry Collins running around the field carrying the NFC trophy was a sight to see. I highly doubt the event could have been any more enjoyable. The tailgating in the parking lot afterwards was tremendous.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:53 PM

Mine is pretty weak but i've been to very few pro sporting events.

Saw a winnipeg jets game against the NJ Devlis the year after NJ won the cup. The jets were down 3-0 going into the third and came back to win 4-3. Great times.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:05 PM

OSU vs. Penn State in 2005 was awesome. Throughout the day there was a steady light rain/drizzle that let up about 30 minutes before kick off.

Right before they introduced the teams they played this video that got the crowd even more fired up. I sat right behind the student section and they were unreal the entire game. I didn't have a voice for the next few days.

A somewhat close 2nd would be George Mason's 86-84 OT win over UConn in the 2006 Elite Eight. I couldn't believe they dug themselves out of their 1st half hole and came back to win.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OSU vs. Penn State in 2005 was awesome. Throughout the day there was a steady light rain/drizzle that let up about 30 minutes before kick off.

Right before they introduced the teams they played this video that got the crowd even more fired up. I sat right behind the student section and they were unreal the entire game. I didn't have a voice for the next few days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell ya
Old 07-28-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was in Atlanta for the Olympics in 1996. I was at a baseball game between the US and Japan and the stadium started rocking like there was an earthquake. About 3 seconds later, you heard screaming and yelling for about 5 mins. No one knew what the hell was going on,

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I totally expected this to be about the bombing when I got to this point in the story
Old 07-28-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow I totally expected this to be about the bombing when I got to this point in the story

[/ QUOTE ]

same
Old 07-28-2007, 03:28 PM

Tony Gwynn's last career game. Also, same game that Ricky Henderson got his 3000th hit.