Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 06:38 AM

Default Re: Absolutely heated about JC Tran situation at Foxwoods

[ QUOTE ]
He CLEARLY mucks and then only wins the argument by lying. How on earth is this the correct ruling?

[/ QUOTE ]

No he doesn't, he wins the ruling because the rules of tournament poker are that all cards must be exposed in an all-in showdown. You cannot muck in a tournament all-in what is so hard to comprehend about that?? Yes the guy handled himself less than gracefully by saying he tried to flip his cards, but that has NO bearing on the situation, those are the rules and playing the hand out and awarding the pot to the donk IS in the spirit of the game.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a couple questions. Maybe Lee Jones can answer them:

1)Why is the OP so irate over this situation involving players whose tourney buy-in dwarfs his bankroll? JC Tran wasn't exactly irate over the situation, so why should the OP? Killing "the integrity of the game". Are you serious??? The AP situation kills the integrity of the game. This at most [censored] on it. More of a crop-dusting really . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

How the hell is Lee Jones supposed to know the answer to this?
Old 11-09-2007, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a couple questions. Maybe Lee Jones can answer them:

1)Why is the OP so irate over this situation involving players whose tourney buy-in dwarfs his bankroll? JC Tran wasn't exactly irate over the situation, so why should the OP? Killing "the integrity of the game". Are you serious??? The AP situation kills the integrity of the game. This at most [censored] on it. More of a crop-dusting really . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

How the hell is Lee Jones supposed to know the answer to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was just one of the many pointless remarks....
Old 11-09-2007, 09:28 AM

Lets say both of his cards hit the ground? dead?

He threw his cards at the dealer, who turned them up, its not like he ate them or grabbed the stub and inserted them.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:20 AM

so by now you know the ruling was correct in the tournament.
Im with you on your cash game story though, and i think if you had explained to the floor the one player to a hand rule, coupled with the fact that this player most likely would not have discovered on his own that he had a straight flush, thye may have gotten the ruling right. Also if you ask the player or the dealer when he first opened his hand showing much frustration if he had called he probably would have exclaimed "no!"at which point he would go on complete monkey tilt when someone pointed out the steel wheel too late to claim the pot though, or maybe gotten up and left in shame.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
correct ruling, what's the problem?

The all-in guy is a huge douchebag for his reaction afterwards, but last time I checked that's not against the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. Many people are being put off by what a huge douche the guy was afterwards, clearly lying about what he did.

There is no doubt he was trying to muck, but the ruling is correct. The rules state an all in player in a tournament can't muck and if his cards are available they must be turned over.

Totally correct ruling. You can't just randomly make exceptions to the rules because it "feels" it should be a different way.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this dude at the bike always used to shove all in and immeadiately go outside for a smoke.. we were all freindly about it but i'm pretty sure if you were a nit or an angle shooter you could call the clock on him at showdown and get his hand killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

For two strange stories of players walking away from the table in the middle of a live hand, see:

http://pokergrump.blogspot.com/2007/...-hand-not.html

Note that I understand this is completely tangential to the origial topic here and has no relationship to the situation at the tournament in question. Just interesting stories to share.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:47 PM

The thing I noticed is that he didnt throw them towards the muck, he threw them towards the dealer and landed by the placecard, I did not see the muck anywhere in the camera shot.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:57 PM

Not sure if this has been asked, but what's the ruling if the dude ate his cards instead of throwing them in the muck? If the cards are deemed irretrievable, will this become a new angle for colluders?
Old 11-09-2007, 08:01 PM

I agree with Lee. One of the easiest rulings to make. Player all-n lets see all hands, best hand wins. There's not much to debate on whether this was the right ruling.