Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: October [censored] thread

i'd much appreciate any thoughts on my current idea i've just posted in the ultimate leverage thread.

basically leveraging pretty heavily in 1 commodity, 1 forex, 1 index and 1 stock. hold till there is a better option available. maybe add an extra one for each depending on whether good ideas out there.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:11 PM

wtf has happened to the hang seng index over the last 2 months, it's up 45%!?!?

seriously some of you guys must have made a killing?
Old 10-19-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf has happened to the hang seng index over the last 2 months, it's up 45%!?!?

seriously some of you guys must have made a killing?

[/ QUOTE ]

too scared [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2007, 12:26 AM

Any suggestions of what to do with 15k worth of cash in US dollars. Its becoming depressing as the dollar continues to drop. I currently have it in a high yield savings account that was earning 5.05 but now is about 4.5%. I am holding it for the time because I speculate/think that the market will react to a 4th quarter miss of earnings as a sign of a recession at which time many companies will be for sale at a discount (i don't want a comment about timing the market).

Thoughts appreciated.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:31 AM

Didnt know where to post this but dont think it deserves a new thread. Need to answer this Q and have no idea where to even begin with it. Dont really know too much/anything about the subject (have just started reading intro into global markets). Oh Im in the UK although since most IBs are international I dont think it matters too much

Given current market conditions what do you think Investment Banks should do to remain competitive?
Old 10-20-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given current market conditions what do you think Investment Banks should do to remain competitive?

[/ QUOTE ]

someone is filling out IB graduate recruitment applications [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

gl with them
Old 10-20-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

someone is filling out IB graduate recruitment applications [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

gl with them

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol - someone is. Although I aint got an internship (couldnt get one last year [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])

Any ideas of a sort of answer or even where to look for info?
Old 10-20-2007, 10:21 AM

i just blagged mine, i got through a couple, a major error on my cover letter likely meant i didnt get anymore (plus better competition as well).

i suggest defining what the current market conditions are (bbc business will help, just babble on about global credit crunch etc) and how best an IB should react to this - i don't know, you'd need to find this out somehow. here is a good place, someone who knows something will post.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gl with them

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol - someone is. Although I aint got an internship (couldnt get one last year [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])

Any ideas of a sort of answer or even where to look for info?

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy anything and everything they can get their hands on going into next year (except for subprime [censored] duh). Diversify and buy buy buy!
Old 10-22-2007, 05:45 PM

So I'm reading One Up On Wall Street. Lynch says to "make sure the company has consistently paid out their dividends." What does that mean? Do some companies sometimes not pay the dividends they say they will? How do I find out if a company has been skimping on dividends?
Closed Thread