Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

I don't want to sound arrogant and get instabanned (my very first post afterall)... But wouldn't it be a better idea to discuss the development of the parser in another thread? : ) I don't see any relevance of the technical details of the parser script to the topic at hand. The threads are massive as it is, without OT.

Anyway, great CliffsNotes by apefish. Except that if one would be first timer to this AP cheaters topic, then THIS specific summary thread implicates Mark Seif in a much more serious way than if one would have read all the previous threads (including the 2006 Mike vs Seif thread). I mean, the cliffsnotes basically start off saying: "It was then brought up that these accounts are very likely the same person, perhaps Mark Seif." Yeah it says "was brought up", yeah it says "perhaps", but still, for the first reader it might very likely give the impression that DD == Seif, but there is absolutely no evidence to link Seif to the current cases (except the means used). If Seif really wasn't playing fair that time against Mike, it is more than likely he used similar means to cheat that DD+co did ('superuser account' or whatnot), but that still doesn't prove that Safe is behind the DD and/or the other cases.
Anyway, apefish, I already noticed that you brought this point up (at least I believe that you meant what I just said), but why is all it still there in the OP in the exact same form?
Apologies if I'm wrong : )

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man if I was UB I'd be PISSED at AP

[/ QUOTE ]

they're basically owned by the same people

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe the above statement still applies. They'd sure be pissed at themselves for being that stupid :>
Old 09-19-2007, 05:57 AM

The fact that the cheaters are still doing chip-dumping points more to it being an outside job and Absolute just being unbelievably incompetent.

I mean were it with management approval they wouldn't need somebody transfer money out from the site by transfers to other sites, would they?

I believe e-mailing Hellmuth may be a good idea, but the e-mail itself was not good enough. Don't try to explain PT stats to him, he's a live pro, he won't get it, it will be "ZOMG numbers wtf" for him.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:59 AM

I'm starting to get annoyed. It turns out the actions are out of order and now I would need to sort by street. Argh.

Stage #749704457: Holdem No Limit $30 - 2007-08-31 15:02:39.004 (ET)
Seat 3 - PTOWNER ($12820 in chips)
Seat 4 - FU_BEGGAR ($6746 in chips)
Seat 5 - MATTYFLUSHES ($5708 in chips)
Seat 6 - IKESTOYS ($6146 in chips)
FU_BEGGAR - Posts small blind $15
MATTYFLUSHES - Posts big blind $30
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to IKESTOYS [7s Qd]

PTOWNER - Folds - 3 left - 3 more actions to go
IKESTOYS - Folds - 2 left - 2 more actions to go
FU_BEGGAR - Calls $15 - 2 left - 1 more actions to go
MATTYFLUSHES - Checks - 2 left - 0 more actions to go
*** FLOP *** [3c 7h 6h]
FU_BEGGAR - Checks - 2 left - 1 more actions to go
MATTYFLUSHES - Checks - 2 left - 0 more actions to go
*** TURN *** [3c 7h 6h] [8d]
FU_BEGGAR - Checks - 2 left - 1 more actions to go
MATTYFLUSHES - Bets $30 - 2 left - 1 more actions to go
FU_BEGGAR - Folds - 1 left - 0 more actions to go

MATTYFLUSHES Collects $58 from main pot
MATTYFLUSHES - Does not show
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($60) | Rake ($2)
Seat 3: PTOWNER (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 4: FU_BEGGAR (small blind) Folded on the TURN
Seat 5: MATTYFLUSHES (big blind) collected Total ($58) HI$58) [Does not show]
Seat 6: IKESTOYS Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Old 09-19-2007, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm starting to get annoyed. It turns out the actions are out of order and now I would need to sort by street. Argh.

[/ QUOTE ]
.... And that's basically impossible because of hands like this preflop. Die AP.

Stage #755423639: Holdem No Limit $30 - 2007-09-06 22:52:00.014 (ET)
Seat 1 - DAVIDP18 ($5955 in chips)
Seat 3 - DOUBLEDRAG ($14868.50 in chips)
Seat 4 - FRISCOMELT ($12022 in chips)
Seat 5 - IKESTOYS ($6000 in chips)
Seat 6 - CASH369 ($5955 in chips)
DOUBLEDRAG - Posts small blind $15
FRISCOMELT - Posts big blind $30
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to IKESTOYS [9c 9h]

CASH369 - Folds - 4 left - 4 more actions to go
IKESTOYS - Raises $120 to $120 - 4 left - 3 more actions to go
DAVIDP18 - Calls $120 - 4 left - 2 more actions to go
DOUBLEDRAG - Raises $225 to $240 - 4 left - 3 more actions to go
FRISCOMELT - Folds - 3 left - 2 more actions to go
IKESTOYS - Raises $750 to $870 - 3 left - 2 more actions to go
DAVIDP18 - Folds - 2 left - 1 more actions to go
DOUBLEDRAG - Calls $630 - 2 left - 0 more actions to go
*** FLOP *** [4s 5h Qs]
DOUBLEDRAG - Checks - 2 left - 1 more actions to go
IKESTOYS - Checks - 2 left - 0 more actions to go
Old 09-19-2007, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, great CliffsNotes by apefish. Except that if one would be first timer to this AP cheaters topic, then THIS specific summary thread implicates Mark Seif in a much more serious way than if one would have read all the previous threads (including the 2006 Mike vs Seif thread). I mean, the cliffsnotes basically start off saying: "It was then brought up that these accounts are very likely the same person, perhaps Mark Seif." Yeah it says "was brought up", yeah it says "perhaps", but still, for the first reader it might very likely give the impression that DD == Seif, but there is absolutely no evidence to link Seif to the current cases (except the means used). If Seif really wasn't playing fair that time against Mike, it is more than likely he used similar means to cheat that DD+co did ('superuser account' or whatnot), but that still doesn't prove that Safe is behind the DD and/or the other cases.
Anyway, apefish, I already noticed that you brought this point up (at least I believe that you meant what I just said), but why is all it still there in the OP in the exact same form?
Apologies if I'm wrong : )

[

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely agree with the sentiment. I think the continuation in this thread shows that taking it out wouldn't have likely quelled it anyhow.
Adanthar asked the original cliffsnotes post by Imsa to start off this new thread- as such I didn't edit anything in there.
I addressed the other stuff in other replies. In retrospect I would leave it out but think I made it pretty clear where I stood on it.
If a mod wants to edit out that link and or the paint they are free to. I have no problem with that.
By the time any of it became an issue it was past the time allowed to edit. (in other words by the time I replied to teddyFBI's post).

I'll volunteer to do another cliffsnotes thread later today when this one undoubtedly gets ginormous and dragged down- and in that one I will take out the link/s to the Seif story- although so many people had already seen it, and it is still available in other threads elsewhere.

I would again strongly encourage people to not throw his name around lightly.

And also for Absolute to stop being dumbasses about this.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:19 AM

I think taking the link out completely is bad, it was an interesting story; just link to it explicitly as an unproven accusation.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:27 AM

I think anyone reading it and the disclaimer I put on it about the person retracting anything he had said makes it an interesting and not serious read, yes.

If it takes focus off more important discussion in the thread and removing it would change some of that, removing it would be good for the new thread imo. << best tud impression there.

I guess that's all I am saying.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:36 AM

In other developments, I am playing on 8 tables of 400nl at Absolute about 2 hours ago to clear a remaining bonus on my account and all of a sudden a bunch of tables freeze and we get the following popup:

All players at this table will be temporarily disconnected for approximately 5 seconds in order to transfer this game to a new server. The game will then continue as normal. Enjoy the game!
You're connected to our server. Enjoy your game.

ZOMG GETTING READY 4 MORE RIGGING!!!~
Old 09-19-2007, 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think taking the link out completely is bad, it was an interesting story; just link to it explicitly as an unproven accusation.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, 100%. You could just note it down as interesting incident from last year, with the link.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:56 AM

Ok, time for new thread w/ cliffnotes.
Closed Thread