Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 03:51 AM

Default Was this a stupid call?

I'm playing 1/2 up to about $150. A guy named "White Boy" who I have major history with gets involved with a hand with me. He always seems to luck out, or outflop me or suckout or something on me, and he always goes all in once he decides that to be the case. For instance 1 time he had 10-4 off suit, I raised with Q9 clubs turned a flush but he rivers me for a full house. 2 hours later I pick up AA raise 25 UTG get 4 callers. Flop come 8-4-5 with 2 spades I overbet the pot of $125 and he goes all in for my last $200 and for the love of God he has a set of 5's.

So tonight I pick up 10-10 1 spot off of the big blind. I raise $8. Get 3 callers. Flop comes 7-Q-10 rainbow. About a $25 pot. I bet $15 just so it won't look overly obvious that I have a set and I'm afraid of any kind of straight draw. "White Boy" has $60 left and he's in on his second buy in and he calls.

Turn brings an Ace completing a KJ straight. "White Boy" grabs his remaining $40 and tosses them in. The first thing that goes through my mind is the memory of how every time all of his chips have been in the middle he's had the nuts. However, he's also dumb enough to do the same thing with AQ for 2 pair, but it's around a $40 bet for me to win about $80 with a set that is fearing the probable straight. I call and don't hit anything on the river and his straight takes it down. Once again I seem to be unable to beat this guy no matter what.

All things considered would you call here based on his weak stack, combined with the idea of the fact that it could be AQ, along with the fact that I still have 10 outs? I just feel like with this guy I should have known better when all his money went in that I was behind and needed help.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:00 AM

Default Re: Was this a stupid call?

Unrealistically, ridiculously, massive, insane, VERY easy call.