Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 12:57 PM

Default study group/ poker group

I am not sure how this would work but I thought I would see if any new players would like to form a group. The idea would be to get everyone in the group to the same skill level and than move up from there.

I am sure this has been done before probrably right now on this site.

I play micro cash NLHE, no tourneys. If anyone is a new player and wants to learn PM me. Also if anyone is doing this already and has ideas on how to do this any advice would be great.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: study group/ poker group

I'm honestly not 100% sure what is been suggested here. Are you suggesting coaching new players. Or is it more along the lines of finding a few people who you can do session reviews with etc?

If you're looking to do some sessions reviews theres a thread somewhere in the microstakes/FR forum about it. I didn't look at it too closely so I can't give a lot of details.

Sorry if I completely misunderstood [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2007, 01:32 PM

finding people to discuss poker theory and strategy, I see alot of posts that are similar like odds,probabilities, starting hands, all new player questions.

I just thought if the same people worked through the basics together it would help. It would require a place to do this though which I am not sure how that could work?
Old 09-12-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
finding people to discuss poker theory and strategy, I see alot of posts that are similar like odds,probabilities, starting hands, all new player questions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't that what this forum is for? And, those questions would already be answered if people would take the time to read the FAQ's and stickies.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't that what this forum is for? And, those questions would already be answered if people would take the time to read the FAQ's and stickies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

You have a ready made group here consisting of hundreds of players of all different skill levels. Yes you can form your own little group but I don't see this as a better option.

All players will progress at different stages depending on their own skills, time spent playing etc, so I don't see how you will all move up together.

Use this forum and I think you will get more benefit