Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Re: please wear your safety belt.

Seatbelt!? Heh...I'm still on level 1: Helmet.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:47 PM

TRUTH.

flashback to when I was sitting in shotgun and thought I could be tricky by only wearing the belt portion and not the strap that goes across the chest...10 minutes after getting comfortable I'm hydroplaning in a chrysler mini van full of people downhill straight into a car that was waiting to turn left. I stumbled out with a face full of dash board and a lip full of teeth.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:24 PM

Gobbo: Missed out on golf today due to some hardcore stiffness. I also have what I have diagnosed to be a pinched nerve in my left shoulder, which makes no sense, since I was in the passenger seat and had the belt over my right shoulder. Should be good in a couple days.

All: JESUS CHRIST! WOULD YOU LOOK AT THE SIDE OF HIS CAR?!?!? WTF DOES MIKE HAVE TO DO TO KILL HIMSELF? Seriously, this incident does little to quiet that little voice in my head that tries to convince me that I am invincible...I wish that thing would go away. The minivan looked even worse than the BMW and there was hardly a drop of blood shed throughout the whole ordeal.

That MFing car is a tank. God bless those Krauts. They know how to make themselves a damn fine machine.

And, yeah...nothing brings you back out of your post-wreck haze quite like going up to the other car to see if everyone is okay and sticking your head in and hearing the sound of crying kids. That sound will make me think twice next time I feel like I need to make that phone call or text message while driving.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:32 PM

always have wore my seatbelt, in college its amazing to see how many people do not wear seatbelts. kid i went to highschool with just died driving home drunk, while speeding, both were not wearing seatbelts, the driver died and my friend walked away. I never feel sorry though when people die when not wearing seatbelts, maybe i am a prick but what do they expect, [censored] morons (dead morons)too bad too bc he was a nice kid
Old 11-17-2007, 04:43 PM

I cant ride in a car without a seatbelt on, it just feels so [censored] wrong somehow.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to rain on your safety parade, but I tend to not wear a seatbelt. I know it's a stupid but we all do stupid [censored].

I hate with a passion that wearing a seatbelt is a mandatory law.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to strike a blow for civil liberties. Not wearing a seatbelt... really stick it to the man where it hurts.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man you gonna get sued!

[/ QUOTE ]

does that happen often? they can sue me personally and not my insurance company?

one thing in my favor is this chick was almost definitely going above the speed limit.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man you gonna get sued!

[/ QUOTE ]

does that happen often? they can sue me personally and not my insurance company?

one thing in my favor is this chick was almost definitely going above the speed limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

They sue you personally, but the insurance company has to pay your damages up to the policy maximum. The insurance company would negotiate a settlement (or, if necessary, go to court) on your behalf, b/c they're the ones on the hook.

If you're concerned, you might want to check and make sure that you have a policy liability maximum that you're comfortable with.

Edit to add: If you're in Massachusetts, car insurance has to include at least $20,000 per person in coverage for bodily injury to others, and $5,000 in coverage for damage to the personal property of others. Unless you bought the cheapest policy from your insurer, it's likely you carry more than this.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not to rain on your safety parade, but I tend to not wear a seatbelt. I know it's a stupid but we all do stupid [censored].

I hate with a passion that wearing a seatbelt is a mandatory law.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to strike a blow for civil liberties. Not wearing a seatbelt... really stick it to the man where it hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. What i really would like the gov to do is make it mandatory to have a speed regulator in your car so you cant drive over a certain speed.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man you gonna get sued!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea dude, it totally wasn't your fault. She'll think twice before going over the speed limit again.