Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2006, 10:27 PM

Default Value bet this river?--NL200

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($201.80)
MP ($266.20)
Button ($389.45)
SB ($200)
BB ($426.80)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $7, SB (poster) calls $6, BB calls $5.

Flop: ($28) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $23</font>, Button folds, SB calls $23, BB folds.

Turn: ($74) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $48</font>, Hero calls $48.

River: ($170) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero?

Villian is a tight mtabler. Basically, since I knew little about him, I thought his range was-- KQ, AQ, 44, 22, and KQ[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or AQ[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Once he checks, I can rule out a set. So now he either got tricky w/ a flush or has KQ or AQ. Do you bet and if so, how much?
Old 08-16-2006, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Value bet this river?--NL200

bump
Old 08-16-2006, 01:21 AM

i'd bet this, looks like he has a queen or something
1/3 to 1/2 pot is good i think?
Old 08-16-2006, 01:22 AM

i don't bet here given your description of him. a bet would be a shove ... don't you think he folds AQ and KQ to that?

edit: if you want to make a tiny bet, i guess that's fine. not my style though. i either shove or check here.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:23 AM

The problem with value betting this river is that any decent bet would leave you pot committed imo. The pot is $150 and the SB has already put in half of his stack. If youre willing to get all-in then Id value bet...if not Id go to showdown for free.

I havent ever played 5/6-max though, so Im not sure how much that changes things.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you want to make a tiny bet, i guess that's fine. not my style though. i either shove or check here.

[/ QUOTE ] That was my first instinct as well, but if the villian percieves this as weak (or if he's ready to donk off his stack with TP) then he could very well push. What do you do then?
Old 08-16-2006, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you want to make a tiny bet, i guess that's fine. not my style though. i either shove or check here.

[/ QUOTE ] That was my first instinct as well, but if the villian percieves this as weak (or if he's ready to donk off his stack with TP) then he could very well push. What do you do then?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think making a tiny gaybet and then folding if he shoves is beyond idiotic. the whole idea of a small bet here turns me off. but if i did do it for some reason, i'd call his push.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:28 AM

thats why i just check it
Old 08-16-2006, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't bet here given your description of him. a bet would be a shove ... don't you think he folds AQ and KQ to that?

edit: if you want to make a tiny bet, i guess that's fine. not my style though. i either shove or check here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand your logic. why would you shove if he'll never call with a big part of his range and only call with the other part that beats us?

you must choose a number that he will (in all probability) call with the range that we beat and raise with the range that beats us.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand your logic. why would you shove if he'll never call with a big part of his range and only call with the other part that beats us?

you must choose a number that he will (in all probability) call with the range that we beat and raise with the range that beats us.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm confused. i wouldn't shove here, i would check.