Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: 25NL: Flop B\'way on Flush Board - Board Pairs on River - 320BB Po

[ QUOTE ]
So what´s the range you give him?

[/ QUOTE ]
AK, AQ, or KK and QQ with a diamond.

Anything that makes a boat, would have likely shoved on the turn.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Re: 25NL: Flop B\'way on Flush Board - Board Pairs on River - 320BB Po

Glad to see this sparked some debate. Agreed, smooth calling his flop bet was dumb (I was trying for a little deception but...yeah...). Turn bet too small...got it. Here's the thing though when the river came - 9 times out of 10 I check behind there since I'm not beating most of what he can call me with. But in going through the hand while exhausting my time bank his having me beat just didn't add up.

- If he hit his set on the flop with JJ or TT, why would he bet so small on both the flop and the turn, and then only smooth call my 3-bet on the turn? The check on the river just continued his pattern of playing the hand fairly weakly. If he had a boat, would he really want to risk me checking behind, which I likely would do with a straight, flush or 2-pair?

- A flush would make sense, but since Ad was already out there as was Jd and the Td, the only real possibility I considered was KdQd. Certainly a possibility, but I gave it slightly less credence since I also had K,Q. Also, wouldn't he want to get more money in on the turn rather than giving me a chance to boat up if he's thinking I have a set?

Again, I usually check here for all the valid reasons stated already. But as SABR pointed out there were several hands that he could have felt good about (especially since I just called on the flop - potentially making him think I was looking for the diamond with a KK or QQ type hand) and might actually call with, so I went ahead and fired.

Hindsight is of course 20/20, but it worked out in the end since he called with As,Qs and paid me off.

Thanks all for the good advice - definitely some great feedback.