Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: 25NL Flush on Turn how to proceed?

[ QUOTE ]
@Dawntodusk: I don't really understand what you mean by confused. But I wasn't during the hand. After the hand was played I was thinking about the way to extract max value in this situation and how to think about it.
this villain isn't a LAG seeing the short period of his play. More in the range nit/TAG
I really liked the post with the extended thought.thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

extracting maximum value is very difficult in these spots. If he has the hand he is representing preflop which a big pair or ak/aq then it's quite possible he has like two red queens/kings or aces. in that case he is not going to put any more money in regardless for the most part. we have to consider that he may have qq with the q of spades or aa with the ace of spades or maybe even ak with the ace of spades.
so it's actually kind of complicated how to play the turn because when you bet you lose hands that are drawing dead alot of the time and trap yourself versus hands containing the ace of spades. this is why checking the turn is the option i typically take, not necessarily because i am going to fold to a turn bet, but to try to get more infromation from him based on what he does.