Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Foxwoods 20/40 multiway pot with small flopped flush

Hero is UTG with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], raise, MP call, MP2 call, Button call.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Hero...

With 3 callers behind, I assume my donking the flop shows way too much strength. But, then again, I could be on AcK/Q, or any pocket looking to vaporize part of the field. Point is, am I betting here knowing that Ac/Qc, possibly Jc type hands will never go out? If so, is check-calling and CR river appropriate?

Thoughts appreciated.

BTW MP is LAG, MP2 weak-tight, Button best player TAG. No wacky hands shown down by me: MP called my bet, CR, and river bet with 666 when he had Qhigh. No significant interaction by me with either MP2 or button yet.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods 20/40 multiway pot with small flopped flush

You're right, broadway clubs aren't folding. It's going to be hard to put you on a flush here, laggy donkey, for [censored]'s sake start betting, then cry and c/f if the fourth club hits. What is it with you and jacking up garbage, hitting miracles and then wanting to keep the pot as small as possible?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:13 PM

Now is the time to apply the gas, IMO, because your hand is hidden. I would hate to see the flop checked through - and it may very well if nobody has two pair or better - you raised UTG advertising AK, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, and possibly KQs for decent hands that may be ahead and only AQ, AJ that would be behind.

Also, if somebody has Ac or Kc they may very well raise - so you can 3-bet. If somebody hit a low set you get to 3-bet as well. You may get 66, 88, TT to fold with a club too.

And if everybody folds then I think that is OK too - you don't have to show your 53s yet...
Old 09-19-2007, 09:01 AM

Um, you are the preflop raiser. WHy would continuation betting the flop be a sign of too much strength?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:22 PM

THE WHOLE POINT OF BEING A LAG IS TO GO APESHIT AT TIMES JUST LIKE THIS.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:56 PM

I love how you present the preflop with no explanation as if it's standard. Fold preflop unless this is a very occasional variation play which you have good reason to make.

As played - wtf? Why would you not bet when you hit total yatzee with your cheese hand? Bet and hope you get a chance to 3-bet. People can raise with the Ac hoping for a free card they won't get, etc, and people will often raise with just top pair and no club backup and then convince themselves you just have the Ac. Etc, etc, etc.

Jeff