Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 09:34 AM

Default Starting over AND getting a student !!

First of for everyone who doesn't know me;
I've been playing poker for 2 years or so now, and I have been playing seriously for the past 3 months. During these 3 months I quickly moved up from nl25 to nl200 (and even a bit of nl400). I've been posting on uNL and ssnl a lot in these 3 months although lately only at ssnl.

Now on to the plan;
1) I remove my entire bankroll excepth 1000$, this will be my starting bankroll for nl50. I have just started a small business (if anybody is interested in starting a business of there own in herbalife, send me a PM) and I want the money to be available in real life.
2) I am taking up a student that I basically teach everything I know, preferably some one who can play on party poker since I'll be playing there as well. I am doing this to force myself to explain the fundementals to a student and by doing so forcing myself to think them over again. This is mostly done for my personal development and it will be a nice challenge for myself. I am only going to take up a single student.
3) I will help you to identify your leaks and prepare you for each limit. We'll progress individualy based on standard bankroll requirements.
4) My personal goal is to be back at nl200 within a month.

The move up plan is;
1) At 20 buy ins for the next limit we start taking shots (so with 2000$ bankroll I start taking shots at 100nl).
2) If we drop to 25 buy ins for the previous limit we drop back down (so if I try to move up with 2000$ I move down again when I hit 1500$).
3) We will NEVER have less than 15 buy ins for the limit we are playing at.

Anybody who is interested in being my student please post in this thread the following;
1) What site do you play?
2) What limits do you play?
3) Experience?
4) Goals with poker (for instance what limits are you trying to reach)?
5) You need a drive to improve, this is WAY more important than your current skill level. I don't mind to explain everything twice as long as you listen and try to understand and build this into your game. If this doesn't work out the way I want, I will take up a different student (this is a last resort type of thing).
6) I am considering posting some of our conversations here in uNL and ssnl if they contain a good discussion, if you guys are interested in this anyway. Hmmm actually this might make a good pooh bah post where I basically record my students progress and the pitfalls we experience together.

Thank you for your time, I hope to get a lot of responces. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ps. I prefer that people post there responces in this thread so I have everything neatly together, I will send a PM if I want more information and I'll keep everyone updated in this thread.
Pss. I am going to keep posting in ssnl because that is my home after all, however I am going to make a effort to visit uNL a bit more often...
Psss. This will all be done over aim, so if you don't have it tough luck. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Pssss. This is completely free of charge. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Starting over AND getting a student !!

This looks like a great idea for me to try. I have been playing poker for about 2 years. I play on PokerStars and I play at nl25. I have been reading 2+2 for about a year and this is my first post. I make very little profit playing poker right now but I am seriously interested in trying to improve my game and get up to where you are playing and beyond. PM me and we can talk.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:21 AM

1) What site do you play? Ultimatebet
2) What limits do you play? NL50
3) Experience? 10 months of limit HE, 2 months of NL
4) Goals with poker? Be a student of the game and one day be good enough to be able to sit in the biggest online games
Old 02-22-2007, 10:24 AM

@Fighter How many hands have you played so far and do you have PT?

@skillzilla Why did you switch from limit-->nl? Any success at limit and hows NL going so far?
Old 02-22-2007, 10:24 AM

Count me in!

I'm playing 25NL with a $500 bankroll. I genuinely feel i have a decent but not great feel for hand reading, but would really enjoy and benefit from some good theoretical discussion, which i feel is my weakest spot by FAR. my roll is currently on FTP but since i have Neteller it would be pretty easy for me to transfer to another site.

My goals are: to move beyond being a minor winner in the game to a point where i can feel really comfortable in my decisions at the table. i plan to keep playing and to move up as quickly as my bankroll and skill set allow.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:27 AM

I just downloaded PT last week and haven't played much since i downloaded it. I played about 1000 hands since then.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Count me in!

I'm playing 25NL with a $500 bankroll. I genuinely feel i have a decent but not great feel for hand reading, but would really enjoy and benefit from some good theoretical discussion, which i feel is my weakest spot by FAR. my roll is currently on FTP but since i have Neteller it would be pretty easy for me to transfer to another site.

My goals are: to move beyond being a minor winner in the game to a point where i can feel really comfortable in my decisions at the table. i plan to keep playing and to move up as quickly as my bankroll and skill set allow.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you don't mind me asking, but why the hell are you playing FTP when you can play on party? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Although I suppose the games at that lvl aren't that much weaker...

[ QUOTE ]
I just downloaded PT last week and haven't played much since i downloaded it. I played about 1000 hands since then.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you bought the program right? The free version is awesome, but not so usefull for what I'm trying to do here (the database will be to small very fast)...

Also to the rest of the forum;
Would you like me to compile each session into one big pooh bah post? It should give a decent idea of what a average uNL grinder goes through in his path to poker glory. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2007, 10:38 AM

Hmm.. how can I express how much I want some-sort of a mentor?

Oké, the one and only reason I want a mentor for (non-paid.. i'm not richy rich) is because I want to achieve as much as possible playing poker. But I think I can make more progress with some-sort of a mentor then without.

I don't know what to write to convince you... but heck, it's your dicision.

Limit? 25NL
Site? PartyPoker/Full Tilt
Hours/day? 2/3
Experience? Like 6 months, 1 month really serious.
Roll? 800$.

EDIT:

btw, I'm from Holland.

[ QUOTE ]
So you bought the program right? The free version is awesome, but not so usefull for what I'm trying to do here (the database will be to small very fast)...

[/ QUOTE ]

I just bought the full version about 3 hours ago.

[ QUOTE ]

@skillzilla Why did you switch from limit-->nl? Any success at limit and hows NL going so far?

[/ QUOTE ]

i eventually want to learn all forms of poker, i switched to NL because i wanted a little change, my main game is now NL but i ocassionaly play a session of limit. I played limit as high as 1/2, my NL25 winrate is 18 ptbb/100 (only 5000 hands though so im not really that confident) and NL50 winrate is 2 ptbb/100 (3000 hands)
Closed Thread