Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 06:13 PM

Default iPod Poker Podcasts?

Has anyone used/listend to any of the iPod Podcasts? It looks like they are all free - but I'm wondering if they really are any good at all?

Is there a good podcast out there? Something that actually has decent poker playing content?

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: iPod Poker Podcasts?

I don't think any of the ones I have heard from CardPlayer's "The Circuit" (which seems to be finished now), Bluff Radios, Pocket Fives or Pokerwire Radio shows particular useful in terms of explaining how to become a better player.

However I do listen to PokerWire (now got the old "The Circuit" crew) and Pocket Fives for a good insight into the worlds of live and online poker / entertainment.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:56 PM

check out holdemradio.com

Dr. S has interviews up with Mason and David, and there seems to be alot of other poker shows available.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:24 PM

I like rounders for content (tuco is one of the hosts) and pokerwire for entertainment. EDIT: that's not to say that rounders isn't entertaining, but they are canadian so you have to take that into consideration.

other stuff I subscribe to:
NPR: All Songs Considered
The Official Lost Podcast
ESPN: PTI
(mini-hijack - looking for others to check out if anyone wants to suggest something)

jHE
Old 05-03-2007, 08:50 PM

Ante Up is my favorite poker podcast by far. (poker news, commentary, interviews and strategy).
Old 05-03-2007, 10:03 PM

I like Rounders--The Poker Show quite a bit. The only problem I have with them is that they're a little too oriented around the tournament world. Their typical weekly guest is whoever won that week's WPT event--and that person is usually on a high after having won the event, so any kind of real discussion of poker hands and strategies tends to get shoved to the back burner.

I would prefer it if they did a little less about the tournament scene, and talked a little more about ring game poker, perhaps with discussion about specific hands and situations, and maybe even (horrors!) some discussion of games other than Hold'em.

Suggestion: Anyone who posts favorite podcasts, let us know if they're on iTunes, and maybe post a link to the podcast's website, or to it's RSS feed.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:26 PM

What's the one by the 2 british guys who are drunk fairly often? It's a really funny podcast although half the time they don't actually get around to talking poker.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the one by the 2 british guys who are drunk fairly often? It's a really funny podcast although half the time they don't actually get around to talking poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

they are off the air. hopefully in rehab. that was the funniest show....2 guys at the kitchen table with beers playing a SNG. Can't remember the name tho.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:42 AM

The Circuit only runs when there is a WPT event. It did run thoughout last years WSOP as well. PocketFives is a good podcast, as is Rounders.

All are available via iTunes and they are automaticallt downloaded if yo usubscribe. Quality of sounds-wise, The Circuit is head and shoulders above.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:44 AM

Clearly I'm retarded - how do i get the stuff at Holdem Radio on my iPod - some of it actually looks worthwhile.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]