Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: HR 2046 Help

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I also feel the way the UIGEA was passed - literally in the eleventh hour and attached to the "must move" Port Security Bill - to be underhanded and unfair.

[/ QUOTE ]

This should not be included in any letter to a member of the House of Representatives. The Senate approved the bill at the last minute, not the House of Representatives.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he feels the attachment of UIGEA to the Port Security Bill was unfair, I personally don't see anything wrong with him saying so.

I do think we all need to keep in mind the fact that HR 4411 passed the House 317-93.
www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h109-4411
Old 04-29-2007, 04:59 AM

Attaching bills like that is so common (for both parties), it won't make any difference to them if you put that in a letter.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Attaching bills like that is so common (for both parties), it won't make any difference to them if you put that in a letter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I would LOVE it if Frank attached this to some kind of must pass defense bill or something at 3 o' clock in the morning and leave Bush no option but to sign it. That would be Karma of the most beautiful kind.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:23 PM

http://www.repealtheuigea.org

From this site you can sign a petition asking for the repeal of UIGEA, you can email your dongresman, you can
get your individual congressmans phone and fax numbers,
and you can get the very latest updates on the repeal efforts.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This should not be included in any letter to a member of the House of Representatives. The Senate approved the bill at the last minute, not the House of Representatives.

[/ QUOTE ]

*shrug* They'll only read the first paragraph anyways (and then, only if we're lucky). Once they figure out what bill you're talking about and your position I'm sure the rest is totally ignored. It's not like anyone in Washington actually cares about the people they represent (other than maybe mr smith).

jHE
Old 04-30-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't have put that in my letter (and I post many of mine here), but I wouldn't have told someone else they shoudn't have.

If Frank gets the chance to attach HR 2046 to a must-pass bill, I'm all for it.