Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Live 6/12: River Bluff?

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is UTG, and seems to know what he's doing, although may be messing around a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

So perhaps my initial read was a little off [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was waiting for the 15/30. I knew it, and he should have known that I knew it, although he probably thought I was just another 6/12 donkey. Now just because he's waiting for the 15/30 doesn't make him a genius....

It's hard for me to believe I won't induce a fold at least 25% of the time here. His hand really looks like two overs trying to take down the pot, or possibly a flush draw like mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really a read-dependent thing, although check-calling the river with a hand like A2s doesn't strike me as something only a genius would do. If he's just "messing around," does he bluff again with two overs or a missed flush draw, hoping you missed?

Without knowing if he's an idiot (and I generally assume a player is not a total moron until proven, although I also don't assume a player is good without evidence), you could be up against a player who bets his hands worse than ace high or K3 or better, and check-calls the rest.

I actually do like the bluff, I just don't think the information given is enough to say there's no way he can beat ace-high.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:03 PM

Thanks for the thoughts guys. He chucked his hand into the muck before I finished putting my bet in the pot. I think the critical part of this move was the fact that he viewed me as a straight-forward donkey 6/12 player. It was my first successful pure bluff on the river in like 2 months.