Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Another friends and jail situation

What constitutes reasonable suspicion for them to check out your package?

State of Montana vs. JAMES B. OCHADLEUS

[ QUOTE ]
On January 30, 2003, while profiling Express Mail packages at the Billings Post

Office, Inspector Morse discovered a package that he thought looked suspicious. Inspector

Morse testified at the suppress ion hearing in this matter that his suspicions were aroused

because the package had a handwritten label; the zip code the customer filled out was different from the actual zip code of mailing; all of the seams of the package were taped; and the package originated from Tucson, Arizona. Inspector Morse believed these facts to be significant because Express Mail is a premium service used primarily by businesses and most express mail packages have typed labels rather than handwritten labels. In addition, Inspector Morse explained that taped seams are a common characteristic of packages containing contraband and that Tucson, Arizona is a known drug distribution area.

[/ QUOTE ]

The case affirmed that the plaintiff's 4th ammendment rights were not violated... United States vs. Juan Gomez... more of the same. Appeal denied.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:22 PM

Xmas gift or no, why would you even remotely consider this? Is it that hard to find another "broker" in your neck of the woods? Must be drysville wherever you are. GL picking up your brick.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just the experience of other people that used the same pot delivery dude as me. The quantities were only like an ounce though.

[/ QUOTE ]

What state do you live in, somewhere with lax pot laws? Did your friends package cross state lines (if so its Federal laws you have to worry about and I doubt the federal statute lets you get away with a half oz or whatever... then again, i am not sure)

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong, but I think sending it through the US mail makes it a federal matter. Between the email to your friend and your posts here, they can prove you knew it was coming, if they choose to prosecute. If you get any kind of pick up notice for the package, ignore it.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:20 PM

Random name at your address, don't open it for a few days so you have a plausible excuse if you get busted.