Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 11-28-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Rudy is toast?

Alex,

He is serious. You said of McCain: "The only reason he has any support at all anymore is because he still gets media attention." Yet that, along with political forum and blogosphere postings is precisely the only reason RP has any support in the view of many. For a discussion of same you can check out Ron Paul, Politics and the Internet in the '08 Campaign on the RCP site.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No AC'ers interested in McCain.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

But of course AC'ers a) aren't interested in anyone but RP, and b) aren't going to vote anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not ACers. Nobody. The only reason he has any support at all anymore is because he still gets media attention. His support has been constantly dropping throughout the year and this isn't going to cause it to pick up.

BTW, dragging AC in where it has nothing to do with anything is your only means of defending your point just shows how weak your point is. Go, go ad hominems!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you say that Paul has the support of nobody?

[/ QUOTE ]
IRL... not much. they are taking message boards over by storm tho
Old 11-29-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

But of course AC'ers a) aren't interested in anyone but RP, and b) aren't going to vote anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not ACers. Nobody. The only reason he has any support at all anymore is because he still gets media attention. His support has been constantly dropping throughout the year and this isn't going to cause it to pick up.

BTW, dragging AC in where it has nothing to do with anything is your only means of defending your point just shows how weak your point is. Go, go ad hominems!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Trolling or actual retardation? I'm leaning towards option 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just find it hard to believe that someone who supports the candidate polling at around 5% scoffs at the support of a candidate polling twice that. McCain has no support? How about Paul? It's a fair non-trolling only somewhat retarded question.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just find it hard to believe that someone who supports the candidate polling at around 5% scoffs at the support of a candidate polling twice that. McCain has no support? How about Paul? It's a fair non-trolling only somewhat retarded question.

[/ QUOTE ]

If elections were decided by the depth of support rather than the total numbers RP would be at or close to the top of the pack. Unfortunately democracy is a crummy system that allows those who really don't give a [censored] and are to stupid or willfully ignorant to actually understand the issues and what the logical solutions to them are to vote.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just find it hard to believe that someone who supports the candidate polling at around 5% scoffs at the support of a candidate polling twice that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would too if they were not headed in distinctly opposite directions.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:28 AM

If money raised is an indicator of support then McCain is running pretty low.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And if you wanted to talk about that, you could have chosen to do so. Instead, you blatantly "misinterpreted" what I said as a "joke" which means you were trolling or you actually didn't understand what I said, which means it was retarded. I do love your attempt to completely redirect what you said into something else entirely though!
Old 11-29-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If money raised is an indicator of support then McCain is running pretty low.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, just to give an idea...Rudy is polling around 23% nationally, Paul is at 5%. If Paul had the same amount donated per % he would have raised almost $45 million to date this quarter if he had 23% or $23 mil if he had McCain's 12%. I wonder how much those two have actually raised this quarter?
Old 11-29-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And if you wanted to talk about that, you could have chosen to do so. Instead, you blatantly "misinterpreted" what I said as a "joke" which means you were trolling or you actually didn't understand what I said, which means it was retarded. I do love your attempt to completely redirect what you said into something else entirely though!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I'm confused. What did I redirect??? Twice I questioned how you could claim that McCain has the support of nobody yet I can practically guarantee you wouldn't say the same of Paul (who is polling quite a bit lower than McCain.)

btw your "joke" didn't come off as a "joke" at all (know idea why that word is in quotes) and even if I try to read it as a "joke" it was entirely unfunny. Maybe that's why it was in quotes.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alex,

He is serious. You said of McCain: "The only reason he has any support at all anymore is because he still gets media attention." Yet that, along with political forum and blogosphere postings is precisely the only reason RP has any support in the view of many. For a discussion of same you can check out Ron Paul, Politics and the Internet in the '08 Campaign on the RCP site.

[/ QUOTE ]

That article operates under the idea that if Paul doesn't win the nomination or any of the primaries his campaign will have been a failure. Which is untrue. In a narrow sense they are right that you can't win an election based solely on internet support, but that is intentionally missing the point of why what Paul has done is significant. Put simply, one big part of why his support is internet centered is because his message generally appeals to younger people, and younger people use the internet a lot.

Good job trolling and doing an AC hijack that has turned the discussion to Paul.