Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: 2007 Pac 10 football thread

[ QUOTE ]
To be clear,

ASU is not a fraud for losing to Oregon.

They're a fraud because they should have/did in a prefect universe lost to a horrible WSU team and have zero impressive wins. The only thing close is Cal, and Cal's looking horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol so their ENTIRE season was a fluke? haha this is getting ridiculous. USC is also a fraud i suppose?
Old 11-06-2007, 07:17 PM

fluke != fraud.

They're simply not as good a team as you would think blindly looking at a one loss team. Their ranking is not representative of their strength as a team. That's my point.

They haven't played USC, so I've got no idea what you're talking about there.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fluke != fraud.

They're simply not as good a team as you would think blindly looking at a one loss team. Their ranking is not representative of their strength as a team. That's my point.

They haven't played USC, so I've got no idea what you're talking about there.

[/ QUOTE ]
well what it seems like you were arguing is that all those impressive wins ASU had were all flukes, the one close win they had against WSU was the reality of what the team is, and thats why they are a fraud. I'm not sure what you were trying to say about Cal but it seemed like what you were saying was they are the only team that comes close to not being a fraud, which would also make USC a fraud.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sat was about as good at it gets for a Duck fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe as good as it gets, so far.

I would imagine winning the NC game would be as good as it gets. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

b

[/ QUOTE ]
Getting to the Rose Bowl would be great, getting to the NC game would be better, but a Rose Bowl win or an NC loss would be at best the equal of the 2001 season. In order to actually be "as good as it gets" we're going to have to win the national title. Finishing second in the country is just a "been there done that" for us, thanks to Joey.

Not that I'd complain [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2007, 07:29 PM

Off to San Fran. Should be an interesting game I hope. Last time I was there SC won by like 30.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:19 PM

Sad day for the Ducks. Along with Dixon's knee went possible Heisman, National Title hopes, and perhaps marquee Bowl game as well.

I hope the coaching staff can recover and plan for a Leaf-led offense. The offense looked terrible for a long time until Leaf finally showed some confidence with some short passes.

I felt the coaches took too long to adjust and let Leaf throw it downfield; if other teams follow Arizona's plan they'll stack the box and force Leaf to throw downfield. Where was the pump and go type routes that looked like they would have worked?

Well if Ore receivers can't catch even easy passes like they were doing last night, I think Oregon is in for huge struggles at UCLA. Sad thing was the defense did do enough to keep them in the game.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sad day for the Ducks. Along with Dixon's knee went possible Heisman, National Title hopes, and perhaps marquee Bowl game as well.

I hope the coaching staff can recover and plan for a Leaf-led offense. The offense looked terrible for a long time until Leaf finally showed some confidence with some short passes.

I felt the coaches took too long to adjust and let Leaf throw it downfield; if other teams follow Arizona's plan they'll stack the box and force Leaf to throw downfield. Where was the pump and go type routes that looked like they would have worked?

Well if Ore receivers can't catch even easy passes like they were doing last night, I think Oregon is in for huge struggles at UCLA. Sad thing was the defense did do enough to keep them in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think Dixon is still day to day at this point but yeah might as well try putting some kind of a gameplan together for Leaf though I doubt it helps. He is terrible and his immobility doesn't help. If he plays this weekend UCLA is going to blitz the crap out of him and I'd put the over/under on interceptions at like 5 (and take the over).

I was rooting for Oregon too so USC could go the Rose Bowl but now I hope they crash and burn. If we can beat ASU we will own the tie breaker against them and BCS here we come. Can't believe potentially a two loss team is going to take the Pac 10.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:38 PM

Oregon can go [censored] itself for losing the one time I actually wanted them to win.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oregon can go [censored] itself for losing the one time I actually wanted them to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:01 PM

little ticker at the bottom of the bball game said dixon is out for the season with a torn acl. that [censored] sucks.

EDIT heres a link
http://www.kptv.com/news/14621417/detail.html