Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Oregon...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, positive comments about Oregon from a WASHINGTON fan? We MUST have looked good [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the NW Pac 10 teams. Both Oregons and Washingtons. I hate USC and UCLA. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's an enlightened viewpoint for you to take, and I hope you know it's in no way personal when I tell you that I still hate your Huskies, and would keep Kenny Wheaton in my prayers if I weren't an atheist [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, there's alot of hate both ways. My roommate can't stand Oregon. Hates them with a passion. About as much as I hate ND. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Even with the Ducks fans idiocy today(I know that isn't the majority, just a bunch of morons) I still like the team. I like Belotti, too. I read some interviews this week with him and he came off very well.

I'm kind of indifferent(still lean to the Dawgs) when the NW teams play each other. But if a NW team has a shot at the big one, go for it. NW teams tend to get the least respect in the Pac.

b
Old 10-21-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But if a NW team has a shot at the big one, go for it. NW teams tend to get the least respect in the Pac.

[/ QUOTE ]
True that, except that for most of my life it's seemed to me that Washington is the exception to this rule. Now if WSU has a shot, then by all means I'm pulling for them, and as long as it's not Civil War weekend, ditto for the Beavs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My ideal football season consists of Oregon as undefeated national champs, Beavers 11-1 and winning a BCS bowl, and the Huskies going winless, and for that matter scoreless. I won't go so far as to wish injury upon them, though back when Neuweasel was the coach I may not have been so kind...
Old 10-21-2007, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But if a NW team has a shot at the big one, go for it. NW teams tend to get the least respect in the Pac.

[/ QUOTE ]
True that, except that for most of my life it's seemed to me that Washington is the exception to this rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

My ideal season was 2000. 3/4 of nw teams on top. With ND being embarassed in the Fiesta Bowl.

Neuweasel? Hey, NW championship! LOL

b
Old 10-21-2007, 03:31 AM

bernie -

sorry to hear about the Oregon fans; I guess you were sitting near the students who rode up in the magic buses?

In the mid 90s I was impressed by UW's ability to play the Miami's. Before USC got rolling, and WSU had Price, OSU had Ericson, the NW had become the strength of Pac-10 and that's great by me.

BobJoeJim,

I'd say they had a tough schedule:

Washington lost its fifth straight, all to teams ranked in the top 12 at one point this season.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BobJoeJim,

I'd say they had a tough schedule:

Washington lost its fifth straight, all to teams ranked in the top 12 at one point this season.

[/ QUOTE ]
Including the current #1, the former #1, and a team currently earning first place votes (well... one first place vote at least). Combined record of the five teams they've lost to: 33-4. Plus they gave 6-1 Boise their only loss. The one weak opponent, 2-6 Syracuse, they beat 42-12 on the road. And in four of the five losses they either had the lead or were tied at some point in the second half.

I would love to hear someone try to argue that any other 2-win team is better, I would laugh my ass off. They might be better than any 3-win team out there too...
Old 10-21-2007, 06:08 AM

You could almost make an argument for North Carolina as a better 2-win team than UW. Their schedule was ranked 3rd going into Saturday (a bye) and their last 5 games were against UVa, USF, VT, Miami, and South Carolina (30-8 combined). The loss to East Carolina in the 2nd game kind of kills the argument though.

And actually, the best 3-win team in the country's probably Stanford, and even with the logic chain of Stanford > USC > UW, I think you'd have to say the Huskies are better than the Cardinal right now.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Re: 2007 Pac 10 football thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jesus the Pac10 is terrifying. i haven't followed all of the SEC's games but doesn't the Pac look like the scariest conference in college football up and down?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

"least amount of variance from top to bottom" =/= "scariest from top to bottom"

DUCY?
Old 10-21-2007, 11:02 AM

GL I actually have respect for Pac 10 this yr
Old 10-21-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Washington played great (at least on offense). Locker looks like the real deal. His passes were great, the running even better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Washington did play very well and they are a much better team than what their record shows. Clearly Locker has much talent and will be great and the Huskies will be a contender in a year or two.

And all teams, especially in college sports, have moronic or ill-mannered fans. It comes with the territory.

With Cal at 2 loses Oregon can control their own destiny and win the Pac-10. Something that is a real possiblity.

-Zeno, Duck Fan
Old 10-21-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jesus the Pac10 is terrifying. i haven't followed all of the SEC's games but doesn't the Pac look like the scariest conference in college football up and down?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

"least amount of variance from top to bottom" =/= "scariest from top to bottom"

DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to hear you explain it.

Unless you're saying having only 1 or 2 teams dominating a conference is being scary.

b