Not a big week in the Pac-10.

Stanford at USC (-41)
Nodre Dame at UCLA (-22)
Arizona State (-9.5) at Wazzou
Arizona at Oregon State (-3)

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

[/ QUOTE ]

About the only thing that went as planned is Nogales Tech went into the armpit of the pac 10 and got crushed.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Re: 2007 Pac 10 football thread

As of 10-14-2007

Pacific-10 Standings
TEAM CONF. W-L OVERALL W-L
Arizona State 4-0 7-0
UCLA 3-0 4-2
USC 3-1 5-1
California 2-1 5-1
Oregon 2-1 5-1
Oregon State 2-2 4-3
Stanford 1-3 2-4
Arizona 1-3 2-5
Washington 0-3 2-4
Washington State 0-4 2-5

Looks like exactly one team is offically bowl eligible [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2007, 12:27 PM

Thank you Oregon State, from a Duck Fan.

It is also worth noting that the Washington Schools are in the tank, just were they should be.

-Zeno
Old 10-14-2007, 03:50 PM

ASU completely dismantled UDub last night despite having their leading rusher go down. So what happens-Nance (3rd rb in line) rattles off a 57 yard run and 2 offensive plays later, Herring (2nd rb), not to be outdone, gets a 76 yard TD run of his own.

They get the week off before playing playing the meat ofo the schedule with Cal, Oregon, UCLA, and USC in succession.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:36 PM

Going to be a rough next month for us, that's for sure.

T
Old 10-20-2007, 12:51 AM

Could be an interesting Saturday for the Pac 10, here are the games:

USC @ ND
Sharpley is making his first career start which might be scary for SC he has done some nifty things in his limited playing time. On the USC side it looks like we are getting Cushing back and Stephon Johnson is probable as well which is great news. If we could only get some of the guys back from the O-line we might look like the team from earlier this season. I think this is going to be a blowout for USC, but we'll see. USC has had 3 straight crappy teams to comeback from a shaky performance against Washington and we have f-ed up two of them. Nd is terrible, but their only win was a crusher against UCLA who is currently ranked better than SC, so who knows.

Cal @ UCLA
I don't know whats going on with this conference anymore. UCLA is currently number 2 in the Pac10, not being tied for first because ASU has played one more game than them. They have handily beaten everyone in the conference they have played so far, including OSU who took down Cal. But they got smoked at home by a terrible ND. They have had a bye week to reflect on that embarrassing loss. Tedford still has not decided who is starting at QB for Cal. After a bad start Riley had a good game last week, but can he recover from that mistake at the end? Is Longshore healthy enough to carry them? I honestly have no idea how this game is going to play out, but will not be surprised at all if UCLA wins.

Stanford @ AZ
I can't muster any interest for this game. I just hope UA pounds the trees into the ground for what they did to USC.

Oregon @ UW
Too much offense on one side, no defense on the other. Oregon wins in a blowout, even without Colvin or Johnson.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Could be an interesting Saturday for the Pac 10, here are the games:

USC @ ND
Sharpley is making his first career start which might be scary for SC he has done some nifty things in his limited playing time. On the USC side it looks like we are getting Cushing back and Stephon Johnson is probable as well which is great news. If we could only get some of the guys back from the O-line we might look like the team from earlier this season. I think this is going to be a blowout for USC, but we'll see. USC has had 3 straight crappy teams to comeback from a shaky performance against Washington and we have f-ed up two of them. Nd is terrible, but their only win was a crusher against UCLA who is currently ranked better than SC, so who knows.

Cal @ UCLA
I don't know whats going on with this conference anymore. UCLA is currently number 2 in the Pac10, not being tied for first because ASU has played one more game than them. They have handily beaten everyone in the conference they have played so far, including OSU who took down Cal. But they got smoked at home by a terrible ND. They have had a bye week to reflect on that embarrassing loss. Tedford still has not decided who is starting at QB for Cal. After a bad start Riley had a good game last week, but can he recover from that mistake at the end? Is Longshore healthy enough to carry them? I honestly have no idea how this game is going to play out, but will not be surprised at all if UCLA wins.

Stanford @ AZ
I can't muster any interest for this game. I just hope UA pounds the trees into the ground for what they did to USC.

Oregon @ UW
Too much offense on one side, no defense on the other. Oregon wins in a blowout, even without Colvin or Johnson.

[/ QUOTE ]

ND's win over UCLA was a fluke. They didn't win that game as much as UCLA's 3rd string QB's ineptitude lost it. Talk about a toilet bowl, it was a painful game to watch. If Ben Olsen is back, they're obviously a much better team. Even so, Cal should kill them.

USC should destroy ND. Even with some injuries. This will be another loss blamed on Willingham. Weiss will be hailed a genius for getting within 14 points of USC. Maybe even sign him for another extension. I could go on about my little jaunt over to NDNation's forum and how sad and delusional it was, but I won't. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'll enjoy watching this game.

Oregon @ UW? I'm trying to fight off a bug so I can go. Ducks should be on upset alert. Could this be the game where the Dawgs finally learn how to play the 3rd quarter? Ore. should win this, but it's that Pac. This year, anything is possible. But at the same time, I wouldn't mind the Ducks winning to keep them up in the rankings.

At least WSU can't lose this week....

b
Old 10-20-2007, 08:02 PM

Jesus the Pac10 is terrifying. i haven't followed all of the SEC's games but doesn't the Pac look like the scariest conference in college football up and down?

On an SC note, what to do with the QB situation? Sanchez has the better arm, but Booty has the experience. If Booty does get benched (unlikely) I will feel genuinely bad for this guy. He could have been a career starter at almost any other college but chose to wait for his chance in Leinart's shadow. Now after one mostly solid season there is a chance he might be benched again. Ouch.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:40 PM

Why would Booty get benched? Sanchez wasn't all that good last week, and putting numbers on ND isn't all that hard, just wait for us to turn the ball over a couple times deep in our territory and then the torrent of 3 and outs, and you'll have field position and a tired, demoralized defense.