Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 6/21

[ QUOTE ]
Science of Love: A Modern Dating Experiment
In a test of research vs instinct, a man dates two women and then must decide which one he prefers: the one selected by experts based on his biological and psychological attributes, or the women he picked out based on simple attraction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anyone else watch this? I thought it was kind of interesting myself. I thought in the end the guy would stick with the girl he selected. I was surprised that science picked a pretty good match for him. Then again, maybe the guy just pretended that he liked her because he was on a TV show.

The whole thing was interesting because the science experts claimed the guy had it all wrong. He told them he liked short, extroverted, outspoken brunettes but their data indicated he actually preferred taller, mysterious (i assume that meant introverted), laid back blondes. Weird!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 6/25

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Science of Love: A Modern Dating Experiment
In a test of research vs instinct, a man dates two women and then must decide which one he prefers: the one selected by experts based on his biological and psychological attributes, or the women he picked out based on simple attraction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anyone else watch this? I thought it was kind of interesting myself. I thought in the end the guy would stick with the girl he selected. I was surprised that science picked a pretty good match for him. Then again, maybe the guy just pretended that he liked her because he was on a TV show.

The whole thing was interesting because the science experts claimed the guy had it all wrong. He told them he liked short, extroverted, outspoken brunettes but their data indicated he actually preferred taller, mysterious (i assume that meant introverted), laid back blondes. Weird!

[/ QUOTE ]

This just proves that guys really have no idea what they want [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Men can't even figure out the clues that their own bodies are telling them (as measured by the science stuff).

I watched the show, no surprise that Science won out. I would like to see more of these, but as best as I can tell, its not picked up yet.

Pet peeve: I'm getting tired of hearing girls on these shows say they don't kiss on a 1st date... I don't get it... I have kissed every girl I have ever dated (and plenty that I haven't dated), BEFORE our 1st date. Where do you meet these girls that don't kiss on a 1st date, In the Library?
Old 06-26-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 6/25

[ QUOTE ]

Pet peeve: I'm getting tired of hearing girls on these shows say they don't kiss on a 1st date... I don't get it... I have kissed every girl I have ever dated (and plenty that I haven't dated), BEFORE our 1st date. Where do you meet these girls that don't kiss on a 1st date, In the Library?

[/ QUOTE ]

I, too, would like to see more of these episodes. It was sort of fun.

My friend at work told me that a lot of guys are intrigued by a girl who won't kiss on the first date. In fact, that's one of the reasons I thought our football player was going to pick the brunette. Made me think of the Bachelor who was captivated by the standoffish Tessa, remember? Are you saying this is not common in real life, Sniper? And what do you mean you kiss every girl before your first date? Where are you guys anyway that you're doing all this kissing, in a bar? (parlor? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
Old 06-26-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 6/26

<font color="Blue">What are you watching?</font>
Tuesday June 26

8pm FOX - On The Lot:
One director is eliminated and 6 comedies are screened. On the Lot thread in EB. On the Lot thread in TLDR.

9pm ABC - Shaq's Big Challenge: Debut
Shaq helps six overweight kids become healthier with help from a team of health experts.

Worth Noting...

8-10pm NBC - America's Got Talent:
New York Auditions.

8-11pm WE - Secret Lives of Women:
A provocative documentary introduces us to single moms, young professionals and college students who work as hookers, strippers and in other sex professions to make ends meet.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:18 PM

I searched for Secret Lives of Women but turns out I don't get the WE. However, I did stumble on Larry King interviewing Paul McCartney and Ringo Star [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Also, Upstairs/Downstairs on PBS.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I searched for Secret Lives of Women but turns out I don't get the WE. However, I did stumble on Larry King interviewing Paul McCartney and Ringo Star [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Also, Upstairs/Downstairs on PBS.

[/ QUOTE ]

WE TV - Secret Lives of Women
Old 06-27-2007, 08:13 PM

So You Think You Can Dance is on. Hope everyone is on board with us now. The dances are a lot of fun to watch and we have some amazing talent this year. I think you guys will enjoy it.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 6/27

<font color="Blue">What are you watching?</font>
Wednesday June 27

8pm CW - Hidden Palms:
Dangerous Liasons - Johnny confronts Greta about the bloody angel costume Liza found in Cliff's room. Greta confesses she and Cliff found Eddie's body in his room then fled but not for the reasons Johnny thinks. Meanwhile, at Tess's birthday bash, Nikki catches Cliff kissing Mrs. Nolan and dumps him.

9pm CW - Hidden Palms:
Stand By Your Woman - Johnny tells Greta and Liza about Cliff's affair with Maria Nolan, causing them all to conclude that Cliff had a motive to kill Eddie. However, after Johnny finds a video of Liza and Eddie kissing, he decides he can't trust anyone. Meanwhile, Cliff tries to win Nikki back while fending off Maria's advances. Tess and Skip continue their courting dance.

10pm ABC - Traveler:
The Trader - Tyler and Jay return to NY in an attempt to uncover financial connections to the bombing, and Will seeks revenge for a murder. Meanwhile, the FBI learns that one of its own may be part of the conspiracy.

Worth noting...

8-10pm FOX - So You Think You Can Dance:
The 16 remaining dancers strut their stuff.

8pm ABC - Next Best Thing: Who is the Greatest Celebrity Impersonator:
The first group of 14 semifinalists perform their impersonations.

9pm NBC - Last Comic Standing:
Auditions #4 - London &amp; Minneapolis.

9pm ABC - American Inventor:
Contestants in Chicago and New York pitch their ideas.

9-11pm PBS - Paul Simon: The Library of Congress Gershwin Prize for Popular Song
Inaugural award for Paul Simon.

10pm FX - Rescue Me:
While Tommy tries to break up Colleen's relationship with her live-in boyfriend, the chief struggles to find a way back into the firehouse after flunking his physical and being assigned to desk duty.

10pm HIST - Modern Marvels:
The creation of everything CHEESE.

Late Night...

11:35pm CBS - David Letterman:
Claire Danes discusses her new drama "Evening"

11:35pm NBC - Jay Leno:
Josh Duhamel talks about "Transformers"

12:05am ABC - Jimmy Kimmel:
Justin Long promotes his role in "Live Free or Die Hard"
Old 06-28-2007, 01:14 AM

Traveler - still holding my attention. That Will guy is a force to be reckoned with! I'm liking Tyler more and more (Tyler Fog, what a name). God I hope they don't cancel this show.

So You Think You Can Dance -

This show was awesome tonight. I like all the couples and don't want to see any of them eliminated. My favorites this evening - Danny and Anya (again) and Hok and Jaime. I thought Hok and Jaime's hummingbird and flower dance was ridiculous and wonderful and just so theatrical. I hope the rest of you watched, I really do! They looked like professional dancers in some Broadway production.

I'm also a big fan of Lacy and Kameron. I enjoyed their quick step a lot though I wonder how difficult that choreography was. Dying to hear Wookie's thoughts on this one.

Finally, I can't wait for his commentary on Pasha and Bette Midler. Holy crap, poor guy. Lol. those huge white legs just chugging away. Well I'm at a loss for words.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:57 PM

Wookie, did you watch SYTYCD? I hope you have time to do one of your write-ups. I look forward to them.