Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-01-2007, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Massive $140,000 chip dump on Ongame

Hi, this is Brendan (brendo_8). I have just joined this forum now to talk about this matter.

Everything that Callum has said above is true, and I have posted on the link that he has provided. Basically, we created a HU ring game to transfer the money, so I could cash out such a large sum safely and efficiently. There was absolutely no cheating, fraud, or anything like that and I just wanted to 'player transfer' the money to Callum to withdraw.

I am waiting to hear back from Ongame and I hope this is all resolved quickly.

Brendan Edmonds
Old 12-01-2007, 01:40 AM

I've known these guys for a while. They're cool, if clearly a little naive.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alternatviely, Brendan (Brendo_8 on Pokeroom) would have only been able to withdraw 10k at a time and each cheque takes 21 days to clear upon receival at the bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is their justification for only paying in 10K increments? Are they that insolvent? At 21 days per check it would take 294 days to get his money out. What if he had taken down a 1M guaranteed ... almost 5 years to collect?

What they did was wrong, but the money was won fairly and he deserves to be able to collect in a timely manner.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:29 AM

I certainly hope these guys get their funds.

That doesn't change the fact that these things should absolutely be reported when seen.

There are numerous examples that can be pointed to as for the "why".

Lest we forget... chip dumping was the easiest and clearest to understand "evidence" for some in the Absolute Poker incident even when they were still saying the HHs were not clear cheating.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now the incident in question is not related to any fraudulent activity, account hacking or similar. We have the situation under control and as with all cases of chip dumping, the involved accounts will be severely scrutinized. But in this case it is fairly easy for us to conclude that this does not stem from fraud.

[/ QUOTE ]
I win. You snitches are a bunch of paranoid douches.

[/ QUOTE ]No Nick, you don't. You are still a complete fool.

This is not a playground argument and someone "snitching" on another kid. If this particular transaction was a chip dump between 2 friends they have been foolish as well. They should be told if they do it again they will be penalised.

If innocent chip dumping is condoned then players will not report future suspected "dumps" and illegal activity will grow.

The fact that this particular incident is not frudulent doesn't mean "you win". It is not a game and you are very immature - does your mother and father know you are using their computer?
Old 12-01-2007, 02:58 AM

Again, dump yes. Criminal no.

(I've known those guys from the other forum.)

p.s. I hope it all get sorted and brendo get his money soon.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No Nick, you don't. You are still a complete fool.

This is not a playground argument and someone "snitching" on another kid. If this particular transaction was a chip dump between 2 friends they have been foolish as well. They should be told if they do it again they will be penalised.

If innocent chip dumping is condoned then players will not report future suspected "dumps" and illegal activity will grow.

The fact that this particular incident is not frudulent doesn't mean "you win". It is not a game and you are very immature - does your mother and father know you are using their computer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation, I still win AND you still can't make anything resembling an argument for your case. I win again. I hope the OP is really proud of himself for snitching out two fellow online poker players for trying to expedite a cash-out following a tourney win. Really great work, guy. You've saved the world from terrorism! Why don't you go drive around and write down the license numbers of all the expired tags you see while you're out and then mail them to the police. That will also be a great help to everyone and save us from terrorism and drugs some more.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:37 AM

This thread just proves that sites should allow player to player transfers. People are going to chip dump otherwise.

I don't see why everyone is jumping on Nick Rivers. You guys need to keep in mind that player transfers are not allowed at ongame. If you see chip dumping at FTP is almost certainly something shady, but if p2p transfers are not allowed, it could be ok.

If terrorists are chip dumping, I'm sure they just play HU SNGs or play 6 max with all 6 players in on it. They aren't dumb enough to fold on the flop getting $10k:1.