Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $14.75
BB: $24.75
UTG: $39.85
Hero (MP): $28.90
CO: $34.70
BTN: $30.25

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $3</font>, Hero calls $2.15

Flop: ($6.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($14.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($14.10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $14.10</font>, Hero folds

<font color="blue">
Villain here is 13/10 over almost 300 hands. His went to showdown # is only 12%. Seems fairly taggy.

On the flop, my plan is to call and hope he c-bets with AK, and then c/c to showdown.

Questions:
- assuming the turn is a blank, would you call a small turn bet here?
- any better line against a nitty player?

The Jack is obviously a terrible card because now I'm ahead of pretty much nothing that bets.

</font>
Old 11-20-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Re: I hate QQ ( 886J2 board )

i think i call and pretty quickly. i cant put him on a hand other than maybe JJ/AdKd. I think u see a lot of garbage hands on this river. he leads flop, checks turn when a draw arises and a scare card flops, then insta pots the river which completes the draw. he may have missed a c/r on the turn and now wants value, but this looks like a desperation bluff. he cant expect u to show up with QQ here like ever so i call and live with the results...
Old 11-20-2007, 10:35 PM

I really really really really hate this.

You say you're going to c/c to showdown - what deviated you from this plan? the jack sure doesnt and he's read you for weak and made a pot sized bet on the river.

I'd repop on that flop - he's not reraising you from the BB with 88 or 66 most likely AK/AQ/KK/JJ/QQ - if he's taggy wouldnt he lead that turn?

If he's got an overpair to you wouldnt he find that turn a great spot to get it in ?

He's just pot stealing on the river with air 99%, if he has an overpair he's trying to get value with a much smaller bet ( imo ).

To conclude, reraise that flop or bet the turn doing neither is just asking to get fired at.

If villain is taggy he isnt checking that turn ever if he's got anything. He has no reason to go for a checkraise he has just lead OOP to steal the pot
Old 11-20-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really really really really hate this.

You say you're going to c/c to showdown - what deviated you from this plan? the jack sure doesnt and he's read you for weak and made a pot sized bet on the river.

I'd repop on that flop - he's not reraising you from the BB with 88 or 66 most likely AK/AQ/KK/JJ/QQ - if he's taggy wouldnt he lead that turn?

If he's got an overpair to you wouldnt he find that turn a great spot to get it in ?

He's just pot stealing on the river with air 99%, if he has an overpair he's trying to get value with a much smaller bet ( imo ).

To conclude, reraise that flop or bet the turn doing neither is just asking to get fired at.

If villain is taggy he isnt checking that turn ever if he's got anything. He has no reason to go for a checkraise he has just lead OOP to steal the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really agree. Neither AA or KK really likes that Jack, and like you said, he could easily be going for a check-raise.

If I raise the flop, there's no way I can fold.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:57 AM

I can't see a 16/10 3 betting out of the blinds with &lt;JJ.
You have about 7% equity on the turn if that range is good and so I think you played it perfectly.

If the turn is a blank with this range you are about 35% and you are flipping if he's slightly wider.

I guess it boils down to what you've seen him 3 bet with before now.