Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 06:28 PM

Default $10/$20 Razz Big pot vs. terrible villain.

Villain is awful in this hand, very LAG. Should I raise 4th? I didn't as sort of a slowplay due to villan's nature... And because he's lag I wanted to wait to raise 7th in case he paired his 6 or something.

Razz ($10/$20), Ante $1.50, Bring-In $3 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes___raises___calls

4th Street - (9.50 SB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (5.75 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (7.75 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (9.75 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets___folds

Total pot: (11.75 BB - $235)

-ChipsAhoya
Old 11-11-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: $10/$20 Razz Big pot vs. terrible villain.

Against a LAG I think this is perfect, as long as you don't tilt when he rivers you, which he will some times.

Actually I'm not crazy about 3rd. I guess it helps keep the hand heads up but anyone with a 3 card 7 or better is coming along anyway, probably. I've been thinking a lot about 3rd recently. 3rd st margins are practically nonexistent unless you think he's three betting you with paint. On the other hand it gives you odds for what you're going to have to do, which is call down light. If there's a time to inflate the pot, it's when you are at least about even.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is awful LAG...I sort of slowplay

[/ QUOTE ]

does not compute
Old 11-11-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

does not compute

[/ QUOTE ]

So he'll keep betting at me if he's paired, and if he has a 6 for some reason I don't get charged a million bets because I don't think he has anything.

-ChipsAhoya
Old 11-11-2007, 08:09 PM

Why are you reraising an early position raiser with a 7 showing? I guess you think he is raising light, but by creating a big pot, you just make the LAGs likely play more correct.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

does not compute

[/ QUOTE ]

So he'll keep betting at me if he's paired, and if he has a 6 for some reason I don't get charged a million bets because I don't think he has anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

on the other hand if he has T8 down as LAGs tend to do, you've just lost out on 38834834 bets
Old 11-11-2007, 08:20 PM

you guys confuse the right strategy for "calling station" and "bets his board" with "LAG" a whole lot, and it costs everyone on this board so many pots/bets/whatever.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:26 PM

okay one more post...the one street you raised was the one street where he could play perfectly and in fact saw exactly what you had.

this is as opposed to sixth, where, even if you decided to slowplay fourth/fifth, he is drawing live and will never fold.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:37 PM

This hand is played really badly. I don't see why everyone else thinks the reraise on 3rd is alright. For one thing, you are making your hand face up. I go to great trouble to disguise my hole cards with my 3rd street play. This can't be good.

Once you build the pot, slow playing can't be good.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys confuse the right strategy for "calling station" and "bets his board" with "LAG" a whole lot, and it costs everyone on this board so many pots/bets/whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forget which villain this is, but he's probably "bets his board" than truly LAG and he won't go nuts w/ T8 but he will keep betting on the future streets if he catches poorly. The raise on 3rd is necessary, but the cap probably isn't. He would put me on something like 7a2 probably and not dead cards, so it's not giving my hand away.

-ChipsAhoya