Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 11-07-2007, 01:25 AM

Default My take

This was summed up well by one of you:

"part of being a mod is leading by example and treating other people with respect...etc etc enough with the bitchy name-calling".

Of those who responded approximately 31 mods felt everything is perfectly fine. Most of these mods do not participate here, not because they are turned off by the tone, but because they care more about the strat forums they mod then criticizing nt!

approximately 13 mods have major issues with nt! and/or oot. i'll be speaking with nt! privately about things I think should change there. until i ask for feedback in this forum regarding oot, send me pms if you have something to say.

more than a few of you want more feedback from me when there are disputes. i will comply with this request.

some of you have voiced an opinion that many of the mods are terrible for one reason or another. those brave enough to give me names did in fact name the same mods. however, their were only a handful of names that came up. this is certainly not most or even many.

in those cases where mods were named as "bad" it had more to do with their behavior in this forum than with the actual modding they handle.

bottom line: stop fighting and [censored] up my mod forum. i spent many hours reading pms and thinking about the issues that are presumably making some of you unhappy.

i will devote all the time you wish to having private conversations with any of you and will seriously consider any changes you propose. but i want specific details and straightforward, fully disclosed opinions.

to end this i want to apologize for my biggest mistake here. i always believed that all the animosity in this forum was in play. i didn't realize that real feelings were at stake.

so i'm going to have to insist, at least for now, that we play nice. i'll take a more active role and if you have the urge to tell someone to [censored] their mother in this forum, pm me instead. if i agree that the person in question is a mother [censored], maybe that person will be demodded.

for now, i have no intention of demodding anyone.

again, i will work with any of you individually to better your experience as a mod and to better this website. if you think i'm a douche after reading this or you really believe most of the volunteer mods on 2+2 suck or you just ain't happy, then I thank you sincerely for the time you've put in, and hope you keep on posting and getting something out of these forums without the green cloak.

i'll be sure to step in quicker in the future when things aren't going well.

and to appease those of you who view the mod forum as a place to vent, feel free to tell me to eat [censored] anytime, in this forum and via pm.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:42 AM

Default Re: My take

eat [censored]
Old 11-07-2007, 04:17 AM

mat,

your PM box was full, but i just wanted to tell you that jurollo [censored] his mother.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:51 AM

there was a typo in my post. i meant my mother. obviously everyone is entitled to [censored] their own mother.

good night.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:07 AM

Okay, as long as we don't have to turn into tree-hugging, soap-dodging, namby-pamby, wishy-washy, bleeding-heart, spineless, gutless, zero-cajones, stone-washed hippies, I think I can get firmly behind the message: Give Peace a Chance.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, as long as we don't have to turn into tree-hugging, soap-dodging, namby-pamby, wishy-washy, bleeding-heart, spineless, gutless, zero-cajones, stone-washed tourney donks, I think I can get firmly behind the message: Give Peace a Chance.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-07-2007, 10:26 AM

Gild

tourneys === $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I know you know that.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:28 AM

So does this mean no mod survivor?
Old 11-07-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So does this mean no mod Thunderdome?

[/ QUOTE ]

upwards and onwards.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:42 AM

Seriously though, thanks for considering this Mat and I look forward to seeing you play a more active role in resolving some of these endless (and pointless) disputes.