Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2006, 02:05 PM

Default Re: OT - My Drunken Breakdown + a Quest

[ QUOTE ]
Something to the tune of "2+2 ATM" would be just fine by me.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha and i thought i was bad after donking it up two nights in a row and losing to 52s river flushes. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]seriously though, lesson learned or something like that and good luck to you today!
Old 03-04-2006, 02:08 PM

If you read the threads on ROI vs. Time of day, you know that it's not wise to grind out 100 SNGs during daytime hours. No use in burning yourself out when you could probably get the same results playing 40~50 during nighttime hours.

How did you manage to throw away 1/4 your bankroll in a 1/2 game? I assume you have at the very least ~$1500 left, which would mean you lost ~$500. That's 250 big bets at 1/2. You'd have to cap every street for 20 hands in a row and LOSE THEM ALL. That's very hard to accomplish, even when drunk.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:17 PM

NL?
Old 03-04-2006, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How did you manage to throw away 1/4 your bankroll in a 1/2 game?

[/ QUOTE ]
It was 1-2 NL, and it was a forum game. Average pot was well over $100.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How did you manage to throw away 1/4 your bankroll in a 1/2 game?

[/ QUOTE ]
It was 1-2 NL, and it was a forum game. Average pot had my stack in it

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP to make me feel worse
Old 03-04-2006, 03:08 PM

The bankroll spewing that I see in these 2+2 private games is really ridiculous. I'm not referring to you in particular but it's clear while playing and watching that a lot of 2+2ers have very serious gambling problems. Playing in a risky/dangerous fashion is all good, but simply throwing away money, which plenty of people were doing, is just embarrassing. There are many people that are simply giving away decent sized percentages of their bankrolls in these games, either from the getgo, or winning a few thousand and then simply giving it away by calling giant allins PF with stuff like 96.

I didn't see many of your hands Pasterbator btw, I just get the sense that a few people feel like because its a private, fun game with 2+2ers they have to treat their hard earned money like toilet paper.

Anyway sorry to get all high and mighty, I just think that it's ridiculous the way some people are treating that game. If you have a bankroll of 100k then fine, go for it and play like a complete random psycho (although I still think its stupid). But if you have a bankroll under 50k, theres no way someone should be spewing hundreds/ a thousand dollars by calling allins for $300 PF with total rubbish. It's not funny, its just kind of sad IMO.

If it was some random people and not 2+2ers of course this would be a "good" thing, but to see people whom are posting on this forum, pretty decent players and supposedly trying to do well at poker and build a bankroll just throwing away $ is silly.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:14 PM

I agree, it's one of the reasons I've yet to play in any of them.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The bankroll spewing that I see in these 2+2 private games is really ridiculous. I'm not referring to you in particular but it's clear while playing and watching that a lot of 2+2ers have very serious gambling problems. Playing in a risky/dangerous fashion is all good, but simply throwing away money, which plenty of people were doing, is just embarrassing. There are many people that are simply giving away decent sized percentages of their bankrolls in these games, either from the getgo, or winning a few thousand and then simply giving it away by calling giant allins PF with stuff like 96.

I didn't see many of your hands Pasterbator btw, I just get the sense that a few people feel like because its a private, fun game with 2+2ers they have to treat their hard earned money like toilet paper.

Anyway sorry to get all high and mighty, I just think that it's ridiculous the way some people are treating that game. If you have a bankroll of 100k then fine, go for it and play like a complete random psycho (although I still think its stupid). But if you have a bankroll under 50k, theres no way someone should be spewing hundreds/ a thousand dollars by calling allins for $300 PF with total rubbish. It's not funny, its just kind of sad IMO.

If it was some random people and not 2+2ers of course this would be a "good" thing, but to see people whom are posting on this forum, pretty decent players and supposedly trying to do well at poker and build a bankroll just throwing away $ is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true. Personally, i'm not a gambler. I dont play blackjack or any other games besides poker. I don't treat money like nothing WHEN IM SOBER. I'm very good at saving my money and controlling my bankroll. Something much have come over me last night that made me hate money. It was a brutal lesson for me, and its something i'll obviously never do again.

I've decided immediately that playing 100SNGs is the worst possible idea for me to do today, so i'm not doing that. I'm not going to tilt my bankroll away. I hope no one else does as i did last night EVER.

GL at the tables while i grind my bankroll back to normalcy.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:30 PM

Wait, so you are not playing 100 games now?
Old 03-04-2006, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, so you are not playing 100 games now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you expect anything different?